The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by unwallflower
harling wrote:
unwallflower wrote:Psst. Wayne started this page a while back: Best Map Editing Practices. He subsequently disappeared and it hasn't really been worked on since...
Speaking as one thread-hijacker to another, this page looks ripe for expansion. ;)
Did you just volunteer to expand it? :P

I think a lot of the wiki is due for updates and expansion... I really want to work on it, but every time I open it to do so I get a mysterious headache... :lol:
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
harling wrote:Already started, babe!
Looks fantastic! So much more logical, especially with the way you've structured it. See, THAT is what a wiki is supposed to look like.
harling wrote:Definitely due for updates (e.g., have you heard that the "Turn Restrictions" layer is broken?!). I think it already covers the breadth pretty well, though putting all the online resources in order & in one place would be helpful.
Once upon a time (okay, a few months ago) we had a wiki topic, where we discussed the layout and content of the wiki. It got rather heated and it was clear that we don't all agree on what the wiki should look like... or even on what the fundamental purpose of the wiki is. I gave up the argument entirely because it felt like some people were being so stubborn that they couldn't even listen to logic.

I've hardly touched the wiki at all since that topic because now when I open it my brain screams, "TL;DR!" and forces me to close the window before I can reason with it.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by xbassman
Wow, that looks pretty goofy.

I would get rid of the split roads and only use them for divided roads that are really divided.
xbassman
Send a message
Area Mgr. - Tulsa, OK