The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Time between editing and publication in Live Map

Post by
Hi

How long time is it normally between editing and adding roads and publication in Live Map?

POSTER_ID:1225610

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kc2kzz wrote:Yes it is the US Server. I had a few edits show up this morning, these were made over 3 weeks ago.

I didn't know there were issues on the US side. Thanks.
Can you post a permalink?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mapcat wrote:Oh, OK, our edits eventually show up on our phones too. But few (none?) of us working in the US have seen our edits show up on the "Live Map" on the Waze web site in a long time.
I thought that I was seeing updates, but I just got an Update Request from a user to change the name of a road in Coeur D'Alene, ID which I completely revamped several weeks ago. The Live Map still shows the old road name in the GUI, but if you click on it, the pop-up has the new name. This means the tiles in the client are likely wrong, too. Time to email alpha again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
unwallflower wrote:Sorry, but I have to disagree with you completely. Updates are taking much, MUCH longer than 6 days. There are areas around me on the live map that have not updated in at least 2 months, probably closer to 3 or maybe even more. I have already sent a permalink in as was requested before, but here it is again.

You'll see a freeway named "State Rte 78 E" and "State Rte 78 W" (depending on the direction it travels). Well, switch over to the live map and you'll see that it is shown as "Hwy 78".
Support has clarified in the past (not sure if it is in the forums or just via email), that the graphical display of the Live Map is screwed up and they know it and they are looking for a solution.
Alpha wrote:We apologize for this issue.
While the display is not updated, everything else is (that is, if you click on the segment, you will see the proper name as edited in the cartouche).
Also, in the client, the graphic display should be updated (please let me know if it's not), and the routing should work with the new street name and not the old one.

I realize this doesn't look good, and we are working on finding the source of this problem and fixing it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
unwallflower wrote:Since they didn't clarify I felt it was safe to assume that they were responding directly to the subject that was currently being discussed, which is what I did (because it's definitely taking longer than six days for edits to be displayed in the live map). :?
Totally agree. And Alpha knows the display is fockered right now too. And they have no ETA on fixing it. :x
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by banished
The updates may not display on the Live Map, but if you click where you have made an update, the pop up dialog box will reflect your edit. For some reason, it just does not display correctly. Same as "AlanOfTheBerg" said. I have updates over two months old that don't display, but if I click where I made the edit, it's there.

Perhaps I expect too much, but between Live Map's inability to correctly parse road names so a shield displays, and the updates that don't display, I think it is safe to say the Live Map is broken...or at least, seriously deficient. Not trying to start a war. I want Waze to work, though I am uncertain of the value Live Maps adds. Oh, did someone mention the speed of Cartouche' updates...?! :cry:
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by banished
Here's one.

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=3&l ... FFFFFFTTTT

Interstate 59 through Laurel, Mississippi, was realigned a few years ago. I fixed the map in Cartouche in late November and early December 2010, but the new alignment still is not reflected in Live Map. The GPS points can be used to verify the new alignment.
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by BeagleChallengerGT
I have edits that go all the way back to before Jan. 1 that have not shown up. I have made edits in other areas since and they have, so it seems like there is some sort of updating issue.
BeagleChallengerGT
Send a message

Yes it is the US Server. I had a few edits show up this morning, these were made over 3 weeks ago.

I didn't know there were issues on the US side. Thanks.
BeagleChallengerGT
Send a message

This is my area I was editing

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=0&l ... FTFFFFTTTT

The edits I made were from Route 46 between Route 80 & 57, Route 57 and Route 22 between the PA Line and Route 78.

I had a bunch of edits show up this morning. These I made between xmas and New Years, so we are talking a 15-20 day turn around for them to show up on the phones.
BeagleChallengerGT
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Unless you're on the www server and the Live Map appearance doesn't update at all. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =10#p56033
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902