The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by no1uknow
Fredo-p wrote:Damn you no1uknow. I just copied the links to post onto here. Lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
SuperDave got them too, but I just posted a minute sooner! :mrgreen:
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
SuperDave1426 wrote:Hey! no1uknow! The editor's working now - go edit something instead of stepping on me answering a question. :lol: :D :P
Points are points, and forum posts count... :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen:
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by orbitc
rEEzA78 wrote:So it seems i've been looking at older posts and tables in regards to level ranking. I've just hit 1300K edits and was looking to upgrade to level 2, but is it appears is now 3K edits for level 2; is this correct?

So many issues in my area was hoping to hit level 2 to make it a lot easier.

Cheers.
Yes, it is 3000 edits. You should also get in touch with your local leadership. They will help you guide you and some cases get you promoted sooner than required edit counts.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by petervdveen
abdulmuqeetpuri wrote:i have 1000+ changes in map edition but still n level 1 , some body please help me in this getting to level 2
Contact you're countrymanagers ;-)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by PierobonSenna
Fredo-p wrote:Level 2 should be automatic. You must have done 1,000+ to get level 2.

If you have but your rank has not changed, please contact Waze support so they can look at it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to point out, but I am living in an area with hardly any L1 streets... So it's nearly impossible to do 1000 edits and reach L2. Many stuff around here is L6 locked (AKA-Autobahn and really important inter-city streets; I guess that's what happens when you live in such a small city haha).
But I do travel a lot and some times i have time to edit but all I can do is posting a request from the app.

I guess i'll have to post 1000 times in the forum? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(I added a parenthesis up there, editing this post, does this also count as an edit point too??? :lol: :lol: :lol: )
(And yes, I have seen the past post in this topic saying almost the same thing, but still... What a feeling I have, using waze for years now and still such a long way to unlock, I just had to post! :| )
PierobonSenna
Send a message

Post by rEEzA78
So it seems i've been looking at older posts and tables in regards to level ranking. I've just hit 1300K edits and was looking to upgrade to level 2, but is it appears is now 3K edits for level 2; is this correct?

So many issues in my area was hoping to hit level 2 to make it a lot easier.

Cheers.
rEEzA78
Send a message

Post by santhos1h
You have to update the map daily lol
santhos1h
Send a message

Post by Sj3vans
Fredo-p wrote:Level 2 should be automatic. You must have done 1,000+ to get level 2.

If you have but your rank has not changed, please contact Waze support so they can look at it.
I was wondering this too. I'll contact Waze support as I've been editing away and passed 1K last night with 1148 map edits. Perhaps its not completely automatic or just takes time so I'll probably wait until next week to be sure everyone is back from the holidays. I'd like to help with some of the UR in my area but most of them involve streets requiring rank 3 edits. I'll just do unlock requests for now.

Thanks everyone for your links in this thread, by-the-way! I read them all, and in some case read them again, and will likely continue to reference them. They have answered all my questions so far.
Sj3vans
Send a message

Post by Sj3vans
brar9 wrote:How to get to level 2 editor?

Help me, I need to work in my area.
When I went to Waze support to ask about updating my rank as directed and I found some additional information by going here:

https://www.waze.com/support/question

And typing in "ranking level".

To summarize, check your map edits here:

http://www.waze.com/dashboard (Ensure you are using the right server for your region)

Rank updates are a manual process and you have to request to have your rank updated. Here are the first 3 rank level requirements:
Editing RankMap Edits
1Everybody
3Area Mgr or 10,000-99,000

On the support page, after I asked that question, it has a link to submit a request for updating your rank (It was a javascript link embedded in an iFrame so I could not easily include it here). I submitted the request and they updated me to Rank 2. :D Hope this helps!
Sj3vans
Send a message

Post by steelpanz
As others have mentioned, it's beneficial to read through the link:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Waze_Map_Editor

I think one of the things I dealt with when I was L1 was the feeling that I had to race to achieve L2. But now that I look back at it, I am grateful that remaining in L1 for a while helped me polish my editing skills for certain areas as the eyes of higher ranked editors were also on the edits I was performing. And even today, as an R3, if I'm requesting unlocks, I'll sometimes receive feedback from a higher ranking editor that will help me improve (or correct) the edit I'm wishing to make.

So all in all, I'd suggest to embrace the L1. It's a great time to have a community help you out and make sure that the growth you have in this hobby/service is that with a solid foundation.
steelpanz
Send a message