The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Freeway routing is messed up!

Post by djwooten
My area doesn't quite cover the entire area in question but really close and I could drive it in order to make the edits, but I'm lost on what the problem may be? If you start anywhere on the west end of the permalink and attempt to navigate to the ramp on the east end along the freeway, it will route you off of the interstate. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Waze won't stick to the interstate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?:

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=0&l ... 1=13425150
djwooten

POSTER_ID:1237281

Send a message
Southern Idaho, USA

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not sure if these are a cause of the problem you are seeing, but here are some issues I noted:
  • The interchange of 84 and 93 doesn't have overpass level set. The roads are just running into each other.
  • These selected roads need to be bridged above or below I-84
  • There is a connectivity problem in the selected ramp here and ramp directionality isn't set correctly. There is no connectivity from this ramp (which should be a 1-way), to the next ramp segment leading back to I-84 E.
  • This segment needs to be either an overpass or underpass with the level properly set so that 84 and S 1150 E aren't intersecting.
There are several things which need tidying up, but I wouldn't think routing will not work for I-84 unless you are trying to route directly to this segment because it doesn't have connectivity from 84 E. The only way to get to this ramp is from S 1150 E from the south.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by stiab3
It routes along the freeway for me. . .

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.