Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by DwarfLord
Along similar lines, does the hard-hat avatar show up even if the editor has chosen invisibility?

I've noticed several times a hard-hat avatar whose name does not appear in the list, at least not the United States list.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by elle-emme
Timestamps, please!

Also, colors to differentiate different chats, especially since countries are all together in one chat. For example, country-wide/general chat text could be black, region chat text (per these regions for the US) could be green, state chats could be purple, and private messages (editor to editor) could be red. Think like text chat in an MMO - world chat, guild chat, party chat, private messages.
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme
Area Manager, Portland (OR)/SW Washington Metro area
Now these points of data make a beautiful line/we're out of beta, we're releasing on time...

Post by elle-emme
olestas wrote: 3. Cannot copy text out of chat. Is someone sends me a permalink, cannot press it.
In Firefox, you can highlight the link, right click, and choose 'open link in a new tab/window'.
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme
Area Manager, Portland (OR)/SW Washington Metro area
Now these points of data make a beautiful line/we're out of beta, we're releasing on time...

Post by hebermc
Wouldn't it be easier to implement some sort of IRC based chat system?

They already have chat rooms and private messages, we could also access it without needing to have the editor open. IRC also logs channels so we could answer questions at a later time.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by JimmyK1
Working in Greece also,
@Alan: At least you see ppl there. My view is very lonely ;->
GRChat.jpg
(113.35 KiB) Downloaded 967 times
JimmyK1
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Greece Country Manager
Map Editing | Junction Style Guide | FAQ

Post by juan_andres_perez
I´ll like to know how to get to 10k edits or more.
I see people in my area getting this crazy amount of point day by day and regardless of te amount of edits I do every day I don t see my points increasing that much.
juan_andres_perez
Send a message

Post by juan_andres_perez
Also, I know that i do not get points by each save if I edit on the same segment, but does those edits count for the edit number (getting cones) or if I edit 4 times the same segment for example I only get credit for 1 edit?
juan_andres_perez
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
I think a nice addition to the chat window would be to see the editors rank in parenthesis in the actual chat window, not just on the right-side where you have to scroll up or down.

Sometimes, when seeing advice being given or questions being answered, it would be nice to know the rank of that person and the validity of the information being given.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
If you highlight a url that hasn't wrapped to stay in the chat window, the whole left side of the text moves off to the left, and the only way I've managed to get it back is to refresh the page, losing the chat messages.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
Thanks Alan

Can't get it to break now, but I'll keep this in mind.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa