The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by stiab3
rl_pl wrote:Often I launch the waze client at home or generally when not moving but the pseudo-route is not registered if the GPS receiver of my device is turned off. Just ignore the warning the client displays that it needs the GPS signal. It's bad idea to start the waze client with GPS turned on when you are not in your car. Besides registering the "Xmas tree routes" soon it will report the traffic jam.
If you're indoors you wouldn't have GPS reception anyway.

so when I turn waze on in the house, it doesn't pick up the GPS until I pull out from the garage anyway.

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stiab3
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stiab3 wrote:If you're indoors you wouldn't have GPS reception anyway.
My indoor GPS reception is just fine.
How can you get GPS indoors? You might be picking up wifi and approximating the location from it.

Waze will know where I am approximately and work out a route.

s3
stiab3
Send a message

Post by stiab3
That's good to know. There are tons of GPS points coming down my street and parking in my bay. . . all mine.

There are parts of this county where every single GPS track shown is mine. So if my GPS receiver is inaccurate, then the roads are in the wrong place.

s3
stiab3
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
stiab3 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stiab3 wrote:If you're indoors you wouldn't have GPS reception anyway.
My indoor GPS reception is just fine.
How can you get GPS indoors? You might be picking up wifi and approximating the location from it.

Waze will know where I am approximately and work out a route.

s3
Not true. Depending on where you are indoors you can sometimes pick up GPS reception. I can get GPS in my house, but not in the office I work at. My phone is most definitely NOT picking up a wifi signal because I keep wifi turned off...
unwallflower
Send a message