The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by rlpl
Here is what I have learned from the emails from support:
  • the GPS points are related with the edit permissions in the area where you are not an AM: if your GPS points are there then you have the edit permissions;
  • the GPS points are removed every month and then you lose your edit permissions;
  • currently they process the backlog of the GPS points and give the priority to the shorter routes.
Currently I still cannot see any of my GPS points from January 16-20 and from January 24 until now. It does not depend on their length. Of course I have no permissions on the roads where I have no GPS points although actually I have driven them. Between January 20 and 22 I have (probably) all GPS points. Do you experience the same, do you have no points from those days? Or have you noticed that some of them appear in the order from the shortest to the longest?
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by rlpl
Now I can see all my GPS points from January 24-27. Later routes are not even in the archive. Points from January 15-20 are still missing.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Still no GPS points from January 15-20. I'm afraid they will expire before they appear. @Support please explain: are you going to forget about them?
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Absolutely true about the new points and about the missing gaps. And here I have some news from the waze HQ: they have found some files not yet converted to the GPS points and they are going to push them manually tonight. No matter if they manage to do it tonight or maybe tomorrow this is still good news to all of us waiting for the edit permissions. We are going to have much to do soon.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
freddiechopin wrote:
rl_pl wrote:
  • the GPS points are removed every month and then you lose your edit permissions;
They are removed at the same day of month (say on the first day of new month) or after a month (so every day points older than [say] 31 days are deleted)?
They run this process manually about once a month but not exactly the same day. Sometimes it is more often, sometimes less. In future they are going to make this task run automatically so this rule may change.

So this means that the GPS points (and your permissions) persist for at least one month but currently may persist longer.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by stiab3
These are my observations:

GPS points are purged every now and then. And when this happens they seem to just clear everything out.

When I first became AM I found many red routes which had no GPS. So I looked at google map and could see that some of them were actual roads so I just changed them to streets and gave them a name. Sometimes when I couldn't figure what was happening, I just left them partially done and if convenient I went out a drove some of them on my way to/from places.

Now I've noticed that some of those roads that I drove in December don't have any GPS tracks anymore. So I think a purge was done quite recently.

Also roads that I drive every day only have a few tracks - nowhere near as many as I would expect given that I've driven them 10s of times.

Here in the UK we also have no usable aerials so I find myself stuck and not able to do any editing for long periods.

I live in a rural area so there aren't that many routes to/from the same place. So to record new roads I would have to go out of my way to do so. . . a long way out. I've done this within reason but can't do it too much. It's winter and many of these smaller roads aren't maintained, so I would be taking risks (they don't even maintain the main roads properly) as they could be flooded (we've had lots of rain recently) or icy when it snows.

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stiab3
He means GPS. GPS points are removed after a month.

I believe this because I have seen some of mine disappear

s3
stiab3
Send a message

Post by stiab3
They're having issues lately. None of my routes since the 14th have showed up in my dashboard either, and i've driven on the 17th, 18th, 19th and today (20th).

So in time your routes from the 17th will appear, I believe.

The delay is not normally this long. . . so something must be seriously wrong.

So yes they will miraculously appear.

s3
stiab3
Send a message

Post by stiab3
Have the red lines showed up?

You can't really do much with GPS points. You can use the red lines to create the roads.

s3
stiab3
Send a message