The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by kieranrawley
I think I'm a bit OCD with waze as I know that people will be using the bits that I've done so I don't want any complaints ;)

Kieran

It's a bit better again today!
kieranrawley
Send a message
(I'll go for a run when I've got this little bit sorted..........)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c6/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by leocylau
thelaban wrote:I have messaged waze and contacted the other user to tell advise them, because waze isnt going to work unless the driving directions are spot on.

We need a system where we can have restore points so that if incorrect map edits are done, they can easily be rolled back to how it was before the edits. I have rebuilt a few of them this time but if it happens again I'm probably not going to bother doing it all over again, it just going to put me off using waze.
It's true. If waze aims to success, the map and driving directions have to be done properly. However, it is drivers driven app and all rely on how many users using it. Recently there are only few wazers and not all of them willing to do map editing. Sometimes I'll quickly added as many road as I can first then add the road names and notes after a day or 2.

thelaben, possible it is me you mentioned someone to add road without notes. Sorry about that but I'll try to adding road, name and note at the same time.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
Good idea but it's better to have exception to recently editors with high rank.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by mapcat
JAMBRAM wrote:Sometime subdivisions get platted and recorded and then nothing gets built. Not surprising, considering the economic downturn of the past few years.

Or - the aerial is out of date and something has been built.
Or - the aerial is out of date and something has been demolished. I found an old trailer park that had to go when an airport expanded a few years ago.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by qwiksilver
Same vandals that put a subdivision out in the middle of the California desert? :lol:
qwiksilver
Send a message
Drive first; waze second.

Save a life.

Post by RallyChris
This comes down to training. Since cartouche doesn't enforce any, people can do things that are technically not valid.

Some of these need to be handled in cartouche. IE: warn before deleting a roundabout junction
And some of these need to be written and forced to be read before doing work in cartouche.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RonV42
I agree that we need folks to be better trained before editing the maps. How about a "Sandbox" map that allows folks to edit common problems as training just like some of the courseware that the software vendors provide before you take the test.

I would say after they edit the sandbox map the map is evaluated and then if a passing grade is made then they can edit the live map!
RonV42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Android • Area Manager: Hoffman Estates, IL and surrounding areas of Northwest Suburbs of Chicago area
Motorola Backflip 2.1 (J_R0DD preclair 1.6)

Post by RonV42
dmcconachie wrote: Nice idea in principle but who would moderate/judge that sandbox? I certainly wouldn't want any more of the devs' precious time taken up! Perhaps some of the editing vets could step up!?

I would hope some of us more experienced editors would be grandfathered through anything anything this!
I agree that the developers wouldn't be the one's reviewing the "sandbox" it would be volunteers that have experience editing the maps. But to show good faith all editors should be put into the sandbox just to get a passing grade. :D
RonV42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Android • Area Manager: Hoffman Estates, IL and surrounding areas of Northwest Suburbs of Chicago area
Motorola Backflip 2.1 (J_R0DD preclair 1.6)

Post by stiab3
SInce you know who it is, you can report them to waze?

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stiab3
I meant the original poster.

You can't know who deletes; but you can see who adds.

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland