Can anyone add a landmark point?

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Can anyone add a landmark point?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Seasider wrote:Be aware friends that while anyone can add a landmark, only the area manager is able to edit it once it has been submitted, so try and get the position and name right first time

When I find screwed up or mis-named landmarks I didn't create, they get deleted. And then I add a new, correct one. :shock:
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 pm

In my experience you can only add landmark points at a relatively small distance of the landmark. If the distance is to big, you can wiat for ever for it to show up, but it won't. When I want to add a landmark point at a greater distance, I temporarily change the shape of the landmark so that it overlaps the desired location of the point. Then, when the point is finished, I change the shape of the POI back.

Unfortunately, the client isn't guiding me to the "Entrance of exit for cars", just to some arbitrary point close to the landmark. So my guess is that the point don't matter yet. I'd be glad to hear someone with a different experience.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm

deeggo wrote:Unfortunately, the client isn't guiding me to the "Entrance of exit for cars", just to some arbitrary point close to the landmark. So my guess is that the point don't matter yet. I'd be glad to hear someone with a different experience.

I have yet to try to nav to a landmark with an entrance point. I hope to some day soon.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby weeezer14 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 pm

deeggo wrote:Unfortunately, the client isn't guiding me to the "Entrance of exit for cars", just to some arbitrary point close to the landmark. So my guess is that the point don't matter yet. I'd be glad to hear someone with a different experience.

I park in a city-owned parking garage. I've made it a landmark, built parking lot roads that follow the main aisles, connected those parking lot roads to the main roads around the garage, and added landmark points for the entrances and exits making sure they are right on top of the parking lot roads that connect to the public roads.

Result? Waze just routes to the middle of the landmark with out really paying attention to the exit which may be closest. I guess the average speeds of the roads inside the garage are making it favor a certain way? As it is waze will have me drive right past two entrances and go around the block to a third entrance. All road connectivity is correct.

I can see the logic of trying to route to the middle of a landmark/POI when entrances are NOT defined, but if they are defined I think that is a better destination. Especially for increasing sizes of landmarks.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor