The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Many onramps are incorrect in Waze

Post by AlanRowoth
The application is constantly telling me to take a left off the top of an overpass when entering a controlled access roadway. I have tried a couple of ways of telling the program that you need to stay on the on ramp, but the changes never seem to occur. How am I supposed to fix this map problem?

Thanks
AlanRowoth

POSTER_ID:1302639

Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Sorry about being brief, but a lot of this is covered in the wiki www.waze.com/wiki

Unless the lock segment is checked on a one way segment, waze may attempt to use them when no given a better option. This is due to the fact that waze cannot for sure know about all the two ways until someone drives them are sets them correctly in cartouche.

To fix this, you will want to make sure the geometry of all the segments is correct.
Then set the directionality correctly, and also checkmark the lock option in the edit details.
Then for the junction that connects them, highlight it and restrict all turn, enable all turns, then put in any real restriction that aren't covered by directionality restrictions.

It sounds long, but it really isn't in practice. And is just part of my normal routine when working a problem.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by WeeeZer14
And to quickly expand, if an overpass is involved, you will want to totally remove the junction at the overpass. You can use the "bridge" functionality of Cartouche or manually remove the junction (names and directions of roads must agree for either method to work well).

Once unneeded junctions are done, you also want to edit the level of the segments (Level in Edit Details within Catouche) to define which roads/ramps are physically above the others.

By default Waze thinks the world is flat because the basemaps started from one-dimensional paper maps.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator