The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Municipalities, Postal Codes and CDAs

Post by jondrush
As we edit, we are supposed to add a city name to the segment. As I edit, I find the field filled in from the basemap with municipal names, postal address names, CDA (Census Designated Area) names and the singularly unhelpful "Greater Cityname Area". :evil:

I know Waze has been working on adding an additional field in the editor so that cities with the same name in two different regions can be distinguished. But maybe we should also have an alternate city name field so that postal addresses or CDA names could be added and search-able. What do you think? Crazy talk?

I know for sure I won't be adding any alternate city names until I have some sort of mass editing tool in my hands. But a guy can dream, can't he?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:13337

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Doesn't sound like crazy talk to me. I live in development with a CDA name. Both the CDA name and the postal address city are used to refer to the area.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by jondrush
No one else has any comments on this before I submit it to user voice?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message