The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by dmcconachie
Oh you want the new one, trust me, it's a lot better!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Not at all, the new cartouche is slick, roads quicker, rarely gives the dreaded internal errors, scans smoother. The only negative in my opinion is the cache effect whereby it only reloads a tile after a significant edit but you quickly get used to it and the gain in speed is well worth it once you do!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Lol, oops , *loads* quicker!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by jondrush
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Ditto. Free-node (which includes road-end nodes) removal is fine for the most part, but any node connected to more than one segment is problematic.
Why would you be removing road end nodes?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Dead ends without junctions at the "free" end do cause some map errors. I'd leave 'em until we here different from Waze.

I understand about cleaning up the junk before joining, but I've had some problems connecting roads when one did not have a junction and one did. I just zoom in and clean it up after.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by krankyd
we're currently estimating that we'll be able to upload the new cartouche early next week. We'll keep you updated (check status.waze.com to be sure you get the latest announcements, but we will also post on the forum)
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by mapcat
Very slow/impossible here too. Error messages ("Each pair of roads must belong...") return immediately, but for non-problematic nodes I get a server error almost every time.

EDIT: 20 min later, it seems to be working fine (slow, but normal-slow)
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
jondrush wrote:Why would you be removing road end nodes?
I always remove road-end nodes if I'm connecting 2 segments of the same road. Otherwise there's at least one unnecessary node left over, often out of sight.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Wait, you're removing the nodes at the ends of dead-end roads and cul-de-sacs? How do you know they serve no purpose?
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The primary reason is because if you record a road and then save it in Cartouche, or you create a new segment in Cartouche from archive just from using Add Road, that segment never includes a node at either end. If it were necessary, Cartouche would put a node at both ends automatically.
OK, that sounds logical enough. So removing them won't cause map errors, or mess up house numbers?

My take on why Cartouche doesn't automatically put nodes on new segments is that you're typically going to connect (at least) one end of the segment to an existing node, and so you'd have to delete one of them in order to do that.

Back to original topic: node removal seems faster today.
mapcat
Send a message