The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Left turns across divided highway

Post by cecil-t
I've seen a number of user reports come from a situation where a left turn across a divided highway is permitted, but Waze will instead route past the destination and have the user do a U-turn and then back to make a right to the destination.

Here is a link to a current user report of the situation:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TT&env=usa

But I've seen at least two other reports of the same thing happening on the same road (Rt 202) within a mile of this one. The junctions and allowed turns all appear to be setup properly in each instance, but for some reason Waze opts to not route through the left hand turn (often there is a turning light).

Any suggestions?
cecil-t
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16772765

Send a message

Post by aarakes
Based upon the other discussion link and my own experience, I do believe it comes from whether you have the app set to shortest routing or fastest routing. Where I live, with long stop lights, it really is sometimes faster to make a right followed by a u-turn.

I think it is case where the driver needs to make a judgement call based upon the immediate driving conditions. The way waze routes you in such a circumstance can vary on time of day, how many wazers are around impacting validity of the current data, etc.

aarakes
aarakes
Send a message
Area Manager: Florida - Palm Bay/Melbourne area
Phone: iPhone 4s
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/1e/W ... 00k_5c.png
Wiki Resources: Map Editing | Best Practices | Florida Resources

Post by BellHouse
I think Waze does not route two consecutive left turns, if they are less than 15 m (or so) apart.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
There is some discussion on this topic here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902