The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by zadigre
roads are working well in this area (except maybe for the possible u-turns)... and Google maps has the same configuration in this section.

I will look at this and change as little as possible to make sure no segments information are lost.
zadigre
Send a message

Post by zadigre
Google Maps is far from perfect... but usually, it very good in North America (at least where I've used in Canada and the USA).
zadigre
Send a message

Post by zadigre
AndyPoms wrote:Wow, that area is a mess... Most of the roads that are typed as "Street" shouldn't be split in that area.

If you follow Boul du Séminaire Nord south from that intersection, you'll see several different styles of junctions. All of which can be greatly simplified by unsplitting the side streets (but this isn't something a level 1 should tackle with out assistance, as the work has to be done in a particular method to preserve some underlying data.

Canada is on the NA Infrastructure (along with the US), and I think that the connections have to be less than 10m to prevent a U-Turn, but I'm not sure...
thanks for your feedback...

do you think it's worth it to "report" this area to the proper forum section so some that knows what he's doing could fix everything?

I just fixed some obvious errors (like u-turn not allowed or not recommanded at all for "important" segments)... but I don't want to mess with unsplitting segments (at least not for now).
zadigre
Send a message

Post by zadigre
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:My gut reaction is to say that a bowtie may be a good way to deal with this.
you mean linking the segments from the side streets right in the middle or farther point of the main split street?
zadigre
Send a message

Post by zadigre
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Yeah, all segments meet at a single junction. Not everyone likes them, but they do work very well.

I did this once for a split road that had the two segments more than 15m away (it was not possible to keep them under 15m)... and it worked really fine.

Waze should add a section for this type of junctions in the wiki...
it would be quite easier if we had a clear picture of what should and shouldn't be done in those situations.
zadigre
Send a message

Post by zadigre
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
zadigre wrote:Waze should add a section for this type of junctions in the wiki...
it would be quite easier if we had a clear picture of what should and shouldn't be done in those situations.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Styl ... ersections
this is simple and clear... but it does not cover the situation when two dual carriageway roads intersect.
zadigre
Send a message

Post by zadigre
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
zadigre wrote:this is simple and clear... but it does not cover the situation when two dual carriageway roads intersect.
That is true. I think we expect people to extrapolate, or think things like "this could apply to my situation, too" kind of stuff. Maybe the page could be updated with some more examples.
thanks for your feedback...

I'm learning more an more everyday...
I don't think I will be more than level 1 (or maybe 2 if they upgrade my level) in the future... but at least, I will do a better job with all the feedback I got.
zadigre
Send a message