WME v1.5 Release - Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: WME v1.5 Release - Official Feedback Thread

Postby TonyTorrent » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 am

I've also got a problem, not sure if it's related or not, but I can't delete segments. I've got a few that have extra nodes, but I can't get them removed.

UPDATE: I can delete them now. Not sure what happened with that.
Last edited by TonyTorrent on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTorrent

Postby tonestertm » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:15 am

Really minor bug: the Status link wants to go to a secured site. Apparently the status page is not secured. Don't know on which end the problem lies.
ARC for SW Region, USA
US Local Champ, US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Timbones » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm

bz2012 wrote:The question is then, "Why is WME sticking '#' in the permalinks?"

This may be caused by a bug in WME, or in any of the scripts you have installed.

Technical explanation: when <a href="#"> has a onClick handler, then it should always return false.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:06 pm

bz2012 wrote:To my shock and surprise, I found that, in neither case, was the 'selected segment' still selected when I opened the new permalink.

A # in the URL will probably break the segment selection.
Zoom can also be a factor.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:26 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Maybe we just remove the layers from the permalink completely?

That would be my preference.

I find the Editable Area layer is particularly annoying, though Waze could fix that independently for CMs.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:56 pm

iainhouse wrote:It's the same scheme as before, where position indicates layer and it will, again, be broken if the layer order is ever changed.

Just give each layer a fixed binary number that will never change with reordering.

It's not difficult!
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:25 pm

NorfolkMustard wrote:If you're following a saved link/favourite, it won't be using the new notation for layers. This could be why satellite images aren't working for you (it's how I got the super-zoom above)

e.g.
old: layers=BFTFTTTFTTFTTTTFTTTTFT
new: layers=941

try the basic url https://www.waze.com/editor/

In case that was directed at me, I just want to make it clear that I've tried doing that - I still don't see any satellite imagery in the map. The only thing that's changed is that the WME is a new version. I don't know why other people are seeing it (apparently), but I am not. I even went so far as to try disabling every single WME-related extension I have in Chrome and then doing that, and it's still not showing me any satellite imagery.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 pm

LeighGr wrote:What's happened to the segment average speed display. I know it was previously restricted to level 3 or 4 and above. Has this now been bumped to level 5 and above?

+1

It was nice being able to see the average speed data for a segment for a number of reasons. Hopefully this is just a bug that they can fix.

What's really giving me grief is that I can't get satellite imagery to display since this update. I'm using Chrome. I've disabled all my WME-related extensions, cleared cache, done a full refresh, and even though the little "Google" label shows up in the bottom left of the map, the "loading satellite imagery..." message eventually clears at the top right but no image is present.....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:27 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I don't know if this is related to JNF & Toolbox not loading, but I'm also not getting satellite imagery to show up in the map, either. Using Chrome.

Shouldn't be, but I've 1) got a diff version of JNF running, and 2) Toolbox doesn't work yet so I have it disabled.

I'm using the JNF that you get in the link in the first message of the Toolbox thread. I think that's 0.7.8. (On a separate note, I'm not sure why that's still a stand-alone .crx file to download instead of being in the Google Play store, but there it is....)

Imagery is loading fine for me. You may wish to try clearing cache and reloading from a blank editor URL (https://www.waze.com/editor/).

Tried that. Didn't change anything; satellite imagery still isn't loading for me.

Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon.... :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't know if this is related to JNF & Toolbox not loading, but I'm also not getting satellite imagery to show up in the map, either. Using Chrome.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor