Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

WME v1.5 Release - Official Feedback Thread

Post by
Hey Guys,

Today we release a new version of the editor.
Main changes:
  • A new splash screen! a nicer welcome and login screen for all the members of our community.
  • Many Chat improvements and bugfixes
  • Some internal changes to make the editor faster. These changes could break some of the extensions you've been using - if you are still stuck with fixing them, contact me and we'll see what we can do to help.
Let us know if you have any feedback!

Happy editing :D :D :D

Update with a few details
  • Benelux now has a united room, fixes to room switch issues, improved more reliable server, and username on hovers
  • Chat loads significantly faster/sooner; doesn't require panning the map around to finish loading
  • User location tracked better; no need to switch Invisible/Visible to ensure your current location is correct
  • Fixed - zoom bar and layer switcher are sometimes hidden by UR/MP panels
  • New permalink layer param format
  • Allow closing dialog boxes with the Esc button
  • Fixed - house number loading animation not always showing
  • Fixed - 'Show all disallowed turns' mode doesn't refresh automatically
  • Back-end changes to continue to improve overall stability and performance

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Users were asking for a few more details for this release

Post by abnerw13
enhket wrote:There is another bug Ohad: if you are editing in X country (thus, chatting in the room X) and you go to Y country, it wont switch rooms unless you close your browser and launch it again. Reloading the page wont help.
Yes enhket! this is happenning to me. I was chating in Brazil and changed to United States. Everything that I wrote in United States's chat appeared in Brazil's chat. :? Everyone wants kill me... :o
abnerw13
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Abner Weigert
A qualidade das edições tem mais valor que a quantidade.
Edições sem qualidade só geram pontos(que você pode perder).

AM - [PR] / [SC] / [AC]
CM - Brasil

Post by abnerw13
My friend Abner had the same issue, but it started when he tried to go to Bolivia's chat and then come back to Brazil. When he logged off from all windows the chat has become normal again for him.
Just complementing :D , I did the tests with pedrottic using Chorme and no add-ons working! ;)

Thanks pedrottic :)
abnerw13
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Abner Weigert
A qualidade das edições tem mais valor que a quantidade.
Edições sem qualidade só geram pontos(que você pode perder).

AM - [PR] / [SC] / [AC]
CM - Brasil

Post by afonsolf
I'm having some problems panning the map with the mouse, the effect isn't regular, some times the map moves a lot more than expected. If it matters, I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.
afonsolf
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Afonso L. de Faria.
AM: grande Porto; Viana do Castelo, Valença. Portugal.

Post by afonsolf
sketch wrote:
afonsolf wrote:I'm having some problems panning the map with the mouse, the effect isn't regular, some times the map moves a lot more than expected. If it matters, I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.
Is it happening only after you add a new road segment, and before you save? Because that's when I get this problem. It only happens when I have Toolbox enabled, I think.
That's right, I hadn't noticed that yesterday, but it happens after adding a new road segment and before saving and only when Toolbox is enabled.
So I suppose it's probably more a Toolbox related problem than a bug in WME.
afonsolf
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Afonso L. de Faria.
AM: grande Porto; Viana do Castelo, Valença. Portugal.

Post by afrayer
I'm experiencing a possible bug (which may be confirmed by observation of reports from similar editors) where edits posted by a Tier 1 editor cannot be edited by another Tier 1 editor. My experience has red light cameras placed by a Tier 1 editor AND APPROVED by a Tier 1 cannot have that approval removed by a Tier 1 (me). I can delete unapproved cameras, but once the approval has been placed, I cannot remove the approval, much less delete the camera.
afrayer
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Goodolsen wrote:It looks like JNF API broke with the new update, and it doesn't allow JNF or Toolbox to load correctly.
JNF should be updated soon. A new version has been in testing along with Toolbox, Validator, etc. The various authors will release an update today.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:I don't know if this is related to JNF & Toolbox not loading, but I'm also not getting satellite imagery to show up in the map, either. Using Chrome.
Shouldn't be, but I've 1) got a diff version of JNF running, and 2) Toolbox doesn't work yet so I have it disabled. Imagery is loading fine for me. You may wish to try clearing cache and reloading from a blank editor URL (https://www.waze.com/editor/).
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:Conversely, if I open the editor without that parameter, and select a UR, and generate a permalink, the parameter will not be added and the UR will not be selected.
This has never been part of the permalink functionality in the editor. It would be nice, though.

Maybe that was intended, but you are correct, the mapUpdateRequest parameter value is not being updated (if there is a new UR selected) nor is it removed, if no UR is selected.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
LeighGr wrote:What's happened to the segment average speed display. I know it was previously restricted to level 3 or 4 and above. Has this now been bumped to level 5 and above?
The WMECH script displays this, not WME itself. I don't believe WMECH has been updated to work with the new release yet.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
NorfolkMustard wrote:If you're following a saved link/favourite, it won't be using the new notation for layers. This could be why sat images aren't working for you (it's how I got the sumer zoom above)

try the basic url https://www.waze.com/editor/
Yes, the layers parameter in the permalink changed some time last week.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message