The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Patting myself on the back: US 101 in Oregon

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It's been 5 weeks of constant work, but I finally finished the 363 miles of US Hwy 101 in Oregon from border to border. There is consistent naming following Waze standards the entire way, except for when the Hwy is referred to as a local street name within some coastal cities. City boundaries were checked and mostly adhered to using http://zipmap.net/Oregon. Some slight variations occur due to wanting to not make a node in the middle of a segment just for a city boundary. I went for a nearby road junction instead.

All unnecessary nodes have been removed, as well as unnecessary short private drives and other odd roads nearby. And, because I can be ... anal about this kind of things, the proper alt-names "Oregon Coast Hwy" and "Pacific Coastal Hwy" have been entered as well. (Here's hoping an update doesn't destroy these in the future!)

I haven't decided whether to next work on our interstates, or the state highways which run around and between US 101 and I-5... It will be more work to get all the ramps named properly on I-5. But we're lucky to have a pretty decent amount of data in Wikipedia, and all our in-state highway system (interstate, US and state) highways and connectors are all cataloged in photographs every 26.4 ft by the Oregon DOT.

'Yay me.' :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
Good work! Feels good when you get a route like that down doesn't it! Though it looks like you get the same feeling as me shortly afterwards.... "now what?" ;-)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by mapcat
Congratulations! I love that road--hope you had an excuse to go field-check some segments as you worked on it.

Good luck with your next one.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by unwallflower
I love that feeling of accomplishment.
unwallflower
Send a message