Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Time til maps update...

Post by jmmo20
Hello, I became an area manager of my neighborhood a few hours ago (in fact the email said I bacome manager of all my city lol).
I spent a few hours updating the roads of my area and I just found that those changes don't show on my waze app on my iPhone. How long does it take for the changes to propagate???

Thanks!!!
jmmo20

POSTER_ID:1455585

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Welcome to the addictive world of waze editing! :)

Make sure you become familiar with the wiki - there is a lot of useful information in there! Also some useful map editing tips in the link in my signature, the videos in particular are well worth the time!

Firstly you should understand the 3 distinct "maps"
Cartouche is where you do your edits and is the most up to date version!
Live Map is the core map and what the routing server uses and where the clients source any updates from. It can typically take 2-3 days for edits to reach this stage.
Client maps are the maps as your phone sees them, they are cached and will only be updated (to the latest Live Maps version) if you plan a route through that part of the map (separated into tiles) or if you force a purge of the cache in the "Data Usage" section of the app settings.

Hope this helps - let us know if we can clarify anything!
Also, feel free to post a permalink of the area you've been editing and one of the editing veterans will be more than happy to check you're grasping the concepts - trust me it helps to know if you're missing anything in the early stages!

Good luck! :)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status