The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Resolving Map Problems

Post by fraxflax
Hi folks!

I'm new to Waze, but find the concept very interesting, so I've thrown myself into it wholehearted.
I have added to, and corrected, the map in my home area, and whist doing it believe to have fixed several map problems. I have also come across several map problems that no longer exists. When I try the mark the problems fixed/resolved, I only get "No Permissions".

Is this due to my yet rather low status (3142 point / 440 map edits) and will change with time, or is it due to some other mechanism that I yet have not grasped?

TIA,
/fraxflax
fraxflax

POSTER_ID:1429484

Send a message

Post by addrian20
The permissions are tied to your GPS Points. See the layer in Cartouche, only worls at zoom levels of 100m/200ft or higher. Cartouche gives you pretty generous permisions in range of 1mile/1.6km of your GPS Points. The trouble is that the GPS Points update may drag behind the routes update.

Also, landmarks and other stuff are for Area Managers only. If there's no AM in your area, it's highly recommended that you apply.
addrian20
Send a message
Area Manager for Constanta, Romania

Post by CBenson
Usually, I get "no permissions" in red when I'm editing out of my area. When I get "no permissions" in green, it is typically because I'm trying to correct an error that really isn't there. If I refresh the map problems, the error usually dissappears on its own.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Usually, I get "no permissions" in red when I'm editing out of my area. When I get "no permissions" in green, it is typically because I'm trying to correct an error that really isn't there. If I refresh the map problems, the error usually dissappears on its own.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by fraxflax
Thanks for you reply!

I however don't quit get it. In the below picture for instance, you can see that I have GPS points, on two different roads, within 100 meters from the marked map problem. There is no road / street where two of points in the the specific 3-point problem is, not on the map, nor in the real world. Hence, there is no missing road problem. I still can not mark the problem as resolved, no matter what resolution I try to select (... and btw, the area does have a manager, but I just thought it was me not yet fully understanding the Cartouche map-problem logic, so I thought it might be a more general question and have not spoken to him/her directly about it).
noperm.png
(62.95 KiB) Downloaded 634 times
fraxflax
Send a message

Post by fraxflax
Here is another no-permission-example that does not make sense. I fixed by adding a junction the other day when I was editing the road details and saw that the streets where not connected. Now I saw that it was marked as a map problem, suggesting the same solution as already implemented by me.
I can however not mark the problem as fixed, and it it won't work to click the suggestion-link since the the streets already are connected in a junction?!?
noperm2.png
(25.39 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
fraxflax
Send a message