The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mapcat
Chriscc123 wrote:i have actually tried 3 different configurations, all with and without the split road, and it still does it... so i don't know
Sometimes this just happens, and AFAIK the only sure way to solve the problem is to delete segments and rebuild. Don't do this if you don't have to, since Waze stores average speed data in the segments and it's better to work with what exists than to scrap everything and start over. But sometimes you have to.

Before doing that, however, you ought to address those map problems harling pointed out by changing the levels and deleting unnecessary nodes. Get rid of the 1s and 11s and see if that makes a difference. I have a feeling that the 11s (roads intersecting multiple times) might make the routing engine wary of using that ramp even after Cartouche updates to show the new configuration.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:You'll hear me wax on about too many split roads when I see them.
Of course, and it's a good reminder. I just didn't want the OP to think "Oh snap, I split the road and now look what happened."
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by unwallflower
mapcat wrote: Sometimes this just happens, and AFAIK the only sure way to solve the problem is to delete segments and rebuild. Don't do this if you don't have to, since Waze stores average speed data in the segments and it's better to work with what exists than to scrap everything and start over. But sometimes you have to.
Don't delete the roads yet!!

I've encountered similar bizarre routing lately in a few areas, too. I posted an example in the topic support started but they haven't responded, go figure.

I've found that disconnecting the roads from their junctions, deleting the junctions, putting in new junctions and reconnecting the roads has worked for me. Just the junctions along the weird part of the route.

Although like everyone else said, you should really also fix the connectivity (make sure you have "highlight connectivity" on, DON'T rely on the "restricted turns" layer - it's broken!) and levels and such, because errors with those sometimes make things screwy too.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Chriscc123 wrote:^ ok... guess ill try that... oh hay, where on the wiki does it say about proper "procedure", I can't find anything in there for the life of me...
Are you talking about the best map editing practice?
unwallflower
Send a message