Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Terminal junctions or not?

Post by gerardrjj
I've searched, but the process is frustrating after 7 or so attempts to locate this info (I don't need non-Enlgish hits, I can't read them).

In neighborhoods where there are roads that end, should there be a terminal junction at the end of the street or not? My esthetic says "no" and I can't come up with a reason there should be one, but I wanted some input from others.

The Wiki on junctions says to delete any extraneous junctions and terminal junctions seem extraneous.
gerardrjj

POSTER_ID:1368591

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Good summary. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8194 is the thread I started previously. We received an official answer after I contact support. (I haven't received further clarification as I have extensively tested routing to and from segments without the terminal node.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
The official line is that yes they are needed but there are several of us that are still unsure - fairly certain that we've been able to route to the end of these nonetheless.

The theory is that the routing server can only route along a segment by calculating the time to travel between nodes!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status