The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Editing Road Segments

Post by cmezriczky
I am new to Waze and I have encountered on overland travels an interesting problem:

Roads in my area change their name and/or their allocation to a town at specific borders. Of course the Client-App does not know this, and so road segments cross this borders. My Question now is, how to split the segments so they can be edited in Cartouche seperately?
cmezriczky

POSTER_ID:1480001

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
freddiechopin wrote:add new junction (make sure you have "enable all turns" checked) in the middle of a segment and it will be split.
I will always prefer to break the city boundary at the nearest cross street, as long as it is reasonably close, say within 1/8mi or 200m is my limit. Usually there will be a cross street within 20m near city boundaries. I just dislike having nodes in the middle of a segment whose only purpose is a city name change. Just adds another map object and connectivity to process in the database.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by cmezriczky
Thanks for the quick reply!
cmezriczky
Send a message

Post by freddiechopin
add new junction (make sure you have "enable all turns" checked) in the middle of a segment and it will be split.

4\/3!!
freddiechopin
Send a message