The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Frustrating overlap

Post by JIJISAN
I am getting very frustrated with not being able to edit in my area because someone else has overlapped my area and is keeping me from making corrections in my area. How can I get this fixed. This person became an AM about a month after me and has a fabulously huge area as well.
JIJISAN

POSTER_ID:1269009

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Overlapping AM areas shouldn't affect your editing rights in any way. How is he stopping you editing?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
This has nothing to do with the other AM - there may well be a glitch which clears itself up but I would email support@waze.com to make sure there are nio problems with your permission levels!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by FrisbeeDog
I, too, am having issues editing roads that I have driven several times and have in fact edited in the past. For some reason my permissions are no longer valid on those roads.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by FrisbeeDog
I can still edit the ramps and other minor roads connected to the road, just not the major road.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by gerardrjj
I just started getting "no permissions" issues in my AM area for adding and editing junctions.
With the "errors" layer on I was unable to add a junction to resolve a "6" error for several different instances.
Disabling the error layer, selecting the junction and trying "cancel turn restrictions" yielded the same error.
There is no way for me to fix the issue, so what's one to do?
gerardrjj
Send a message

Post by JIJISAN
He's not stopping me, the program is. I've been trying to edit landmarks that I placed earlier but have been getting the "No permissions" when I hit save. Very frustrating. Also, trying to correct some roads, I get the same thing.
JIJISAN
Send a message

Post by JIJISAN
I hope the glitch is cleared up soon. One other question. When trying to mark out a river that was started out by someone else, I ended up crossing over the area border and then was again given no permission and lost all that work. Is that normal?

By the way, yes, I am and AM. Otherwise, I don't think I would have these questions.
JIJISAN
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Are you an AM? If not you will never be able to edit the landmarks even if you have created them. Your rights to edit the roads are also limited and they expire after about 1 month. See also: http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 790#p60790. If you are an AM and this happens in your area then you should contact support.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by Unholy
JIJISAN wrote:He's not stopping me, the program is. I've been trying to edit landmarks that I placed earlier but have been getting the "No permissions" when I hit save. Very frustrating. Also, trying to correct some roads, I get the same thing.

Hi,

if the problem still occurs, please send us an email to support@waze.com so we could check this thing inside out and fix it.

thanks,

Ori
Unholy
Send a message