The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

New aerial views on www.waze.com/cartouche

Post by krankyd
Great news! The www.waze.com/cartouche has been updated with new Bing aerial views.
You will need to refresh your browseer (ctrl+F5) if you stil see the old imagery.

This is the first step of the upgrade. We will soon also change the back-end editing to be similar to that of the world.waze cartouche (faster and a bit different). Of course we'll keep you udpated when this happens.

Note that at the moment the button 'try next aerial image' is not doing anything. The old imagery is no longer available.

What's your feedback? How does it look in your area?
krankyd

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by mapcat
Thanks for getting this done. This ought to reduce the number of misaligned new roads significantly.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
krankyd wrote:Note that at the moment the button 'try next aerial image' is not doing anything. The old imagery is no longer available.
Is alternative imagery eventually going to be added? In some places that had imagery before today, the "old imagery" was actually more recent, sometimes by several years.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
andrewfatcat wrote:The images are out-dated in Houston area.....very out-dated....
Some zoom levels are better than others, but yeah, I wish they would allow us to use the previous images too.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by Nacron
In hawaii I can only zoom to 3 above full zoom. Anything closer and it has the missing image icons.
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by OscarC
So far so good. In the eastern twin cities here in MN, we just had no maps starting around Afton MN and going east through western Wisconsin, now there are nice maps! (Not too recent though, but better than white space). I can't believe all the roads that I made/fixed in these areas "blind" match up nicely :o

Thanks for a great update!
OscarC
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/65/W ... tc-sig.png https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/aa/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager

Post by qwiksilver
I just spent some time editing my neighborhood. Someone had my street going right through The Academy Awards and my alley ended in the swimming pool at the hotel. :lol:
qwiksilver
Send a message
Drive first; waze second.

Save a life.

Post by sandjaja
Still wait the new version of the Cartouche with the ability of switching aerial photo between Bing and the old version. This Bing Map not good supported my country
sandjaja
Send a message
iPad 3G user for tracking
Area Manager for Samarinda, Balikpapan, Surabaya and surrounding areas

Post by ttownfeen
This is good for places that never had imagery or where the previous aerials disappeared, but in the places where we already had aerials, this seems like a step down. Hopefully, the ability to switch to previous aerial options will return soon.
ttownfeen
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Soo... the map editor display is not updating correctly. See this spaghetti mess for an example.

I edited that area last week. At that time it appeared correct. Now it looks all messed up, like it looked before I touched it. However, if you click around you'll see that it really IS correct... it just doesn't look correct. Roads are appearing that aren't there, and ones that were added aren't appearing.
unwallflower
Send a message