Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Instructions out of date.

Post by tmd_63
I am trying to understand the controls in the map editor and the instruction videos do not match the items displayed in my map editor.
There are new turn indications, one looks like an about turn when you click on a road segment.
There are also two items in the restrictions which are not documented anywhere I can find.
What vehicle is an MOV-2 or MOV-3?
Can the videos please be reviewed against the latest map editor and updated.
(Note: I am using the map editor from the UK and using Firefox).
tmd_63
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16887150

Send a message
tmd_63: Waze Map Editor, Sichuan Area Manager.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by AndyPoms
Forget the videos, as you've found they are old & contain outdated information (including the method of mapping a parking lot - don't do the landmark + stubs thing, it never worked even when the video was new).

Your best best it to start reading up on the Waze wiki: I'm in the US, and this is the first time I've looked for the UK page, so that's why I put the general info first.

As for MOV2+/MOV3+, isn't is HOV2+/HOV3+? HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicle, the 2+/3+ refers to the total number of people in the car (two/three or more, typically including the driver, but the UK laws may differ). In some places, to encourage car pooling / ride sharing, there are special lanes/roads that people can use if they have enough people in the car.

EDIT: Also, don't miss the Board index ‹ Community ‹ Country (Language) Forums ‹ United Kingdom section of the forum.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by PhantomSoul
Just a guess, but maybe Multiple Occupant Vehicles? It might be another one of those cultural variations between the US and UK. In that case, I would imagine they work the same way as the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lanes here in the US.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message