The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by hallmike
rlpl wrote:Question 2: it has been already explained that this feature works on the US server only.
I'm on the US server and it doesn't work for me.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by hallmike
So they greased AlanOfTheSqueakyWheel ;)
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by harling
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I honestly don't see much purpose to the LiveMap. Yes, it does have some features like highway/interstate badging that doesn't work, but besides that, what does it do for us? We can do routing tests inside Cartouche now and the updates usually hit the client in a week, which we can see on our phones.
Well, you can do routing tests inside Cartouche now... :)
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by petervdveen
freddiechopin wrote:Including additional delay we're facing another month of backlog (;

EDIT - I back what I've written as current live map date is 5.3.2011, so it was updated today.
Well.. Some zoomlevels are updated... :(
The roads are there offcourse, but the new roads are only visible in a few zoomlevels...
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
Well.. atm if 1 is zoomed in and 10 is zoomed out then these are the correct levels:
3, 4,

So these are not correct atm:
1, 2, 5, 6, enz...
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
I know. Layer 1 is broken form months allready.. ;)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by rlpl
The new map is being published now, it appears on my mobile. Not yet published as the Live Map so I don't know what is its date, I guess it's 26.2. Recently I have noticed that the new maps are first available on the mobile devices and then as the Live Map.

I agree with you that the support's silence in case of the problems is really annoying. Support please publish some feedback for us. Waze project is in early development phase, we its users are smart people, not casual users. It's not that we will not notice the problem just because you don't tell us about it.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by rlpl
1. LiveMap is just another way to publish the map. The data are the same so it doesn't matter if we call it "LiveMap data" or "client data". I don't want to explain here why I ever use the LiveMap, it's beyond the scope of this topic.
2. We were talking about the world server which slightly differs from the US server.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Question 1: we don't know and waze team will not tell. You may expect the new map today but this is not sure.
Question 2: it has been already explained that this feature works on the US server only.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
hallmike wrote:I'm on the US server and it doesn't work for me.
Oops, I misunderstood. Anyway, I should say "it does not work on the world server" (and neither on the US server.)
rlpl
Send a message