The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Getting Saving Error for every change I try to make

Post by
Hello - I'm new to Map Editing, so maybe this is a stupid question....but is something wrong? Every time I try to make an edit to the map (Within my editable area) I get an message that says "Saving Error", and beneath that, "An error occurred while saving. Please try again."

Am I doing something wrong?

POSTER_ID:16889423

Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by B_Carp
Yes, I noticed this a few days ago, but thought there was a problem with my browsers (I have tried two). My problem now is that changes I thought I hadn't made have apparently been made, but I don't know what they were. Some of them were roads I drew for the sake of testing with the intention of immediately deleting them, but of course they didn't show up so I couldn't delete them. It was only 2 days later that I realised they had indeed been saved. Now, if only I could remember where those roads were that I had drawn...
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by BaldIbis
Hi; Suffering the same problem in all my areas in the UK, yet status reports successful updates.
Saving is very slow, even for a single speed limit change or verification. Needs a Log out/in or screen refresh shows up the problem. No message about not saving.
Martyn
BaldIbis
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area Manager - S Glos, Bristol & N Somerset; Hastings & Bexhill; E Devon & W Dorset Coasts; N & Cen Norfolk.
Windows 7 Prof; Chrome for WME; Firefox; iPhone 4s;

Post by DakbayanRealty
Hi,

I keep getting saving error --- you have no permission to make some of the changes ---- help please :)
DakbayanRealty
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
The problem I'm seeing tonight is that saved edits do not appear after road data are reloaded.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I'm getting the save issue as well.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Good to see. About 10 min after my last post the website seemed to be down for a few seconds. Then, after refreshing a few times, everything came back up.

I wonder if this has something to do with the server updates?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
DakbayanRealty wrote:Hi,

I keep getting saving error --- you have no permission to make some of the changes ---- help please :)
Have you just started driving with Waze? It takes up to 24 hours for drives to upload to the Map Editor. Once they are uploaded you can edit one mile around the drives. But if it's outside your area, you cannot make changes. However you can contact your local editors by finding them on the wiki and click the corresponding state. Go to the near bottom of the page and you can find your local editors. For example: NJ folks are here: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ne ... a_Managers
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message
Last edited by GeekDriverPeaceful on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
Oh sorry for the confusion! I would never say that to any experienced editor in Waze community. I was referring to the user who asked the original question. My apologies. :)
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Since some time on Thursday there has been a global problem affecting the ROW server. Changes made in WME seem to be working but, once you refresh the browser tab, the changes have apparently disappeared. This makes many further edits impossible. The changes seem to appear after the next map update (see status.waze.com).

I have notified Waze HQ about this in the Global Champs direct-access forum. I hope they will do something about his.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season