The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Disappearing segments, internal errors on routing and editin

Post by thepublicdan
Within the last week the quality of the data around the Dayton OH area, especially on I-75 between downtown and Springboro, has dropped significantly with sections disappearing and highways breaking apart. This had made it almost impossible to use the routing functions of WAZE, with me needing to get 1/3 the way to Cinci before the routing server can actually give a path and not 'internal server error'.

I have reported map problems and gone in to the map editor to try and fix, end even here I get the same 'internal server error'.

Any suggestions on how to get this disappearing segments rebuilt and get better quality checking on changes before thinks like major highways are removed or broken up?
thepublicdan

POSTER_ID:9434

Send a message

Post by mapcat
I've been working on 75 off and on for the past week. Most of the problems seem to be the result of a user in the area always having his phone in "record new roads" mode whenever he drove anywhere. There were up to 6 duplications of many sections of 75 and lots of other roads in the area. Most of his segments hadn't been edited in cartouche, so most could be deleted rather easily. But other segments have been trickier. The ones close to downtown I mentioned in a previous post are gone now, but others remain, and I'm finding more of them all the time, buried under other segments. It's not clear why these can't be deleted.

As for the disappearing segments, I see that in the client too, but suspect that the edits I've made over the past few days will show up soon and the missing pieces will return again.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1