The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

AM Request for an area known but not travelled.

Post by tmd_63
I have knowledge of an area in China that would greatly help map editing but I travel in the UK.
I am only a level 1 editor at the moment but I would like to help our Chinese colleagues by adding the roads correctly for Chengdu, Sichuan.
Is it possible to request becoming an AM for this area although I have not used waze in this area yet? My wife has lived in this city for many year and has an even greater knowledge of the area.
I could not find an english section under the China forum.
tmd_63
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16887150

Send a message
tmd_63: Waze Map Editor, Sichuan Area Manager.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You will need to post somewhere in the China forums. I am not at all familiar with the process they have, if any. Someone there should understand enough English to help you out. I also don't know if anyone else outside of the China editors know what their process is, if any.

If you can't get an answer in the China forums, then go through the "Ask a Question" box on the Support page and click through several times after entering "china area manager" if you don't find your answer. Eventually you'll get to a "Email us" link at the bottom of the pane and you can use this to open a ticket with Waze and request a managed area.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ