The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by SuperDave1426
It's happening to me, too. I had reported it in another message that I can't locate right now, but was basically told it was a display bug and to just use the Toolbox function to refresh the screen.

To be sure, doing that does seem to return the segments to show "ground" instead of a blank entry. I haven't yet tried this out where I had a road with an elevation different from "ground." (I'm not saying that it hasn't happened - I just haven't been dealing with a road with a different elevation level.)

It became way more obvious that it's happening (exactly as you describe) since the Validator now highlights roads with an invalid elevation setting.

Display or other type of bug notwithstanding, it's a real pain to have to deal with resetting the elevation (either road-by-road or with a Toolbox map refresh) whenever you edit a segment...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Upon further examination, I find that it happens a lot even without using Q to fix a junction. I've done nothing more than select a segment and change the name of the road and then had the elevation show up as blank after the save. Toolbox map refresh does return the elevation to "ground."
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I'll look into that once I get a chance, thanks.

Why would one of those extensions affect the way the elevation is displayed when you select a road segment, but only after having saved a change? Just out of curiosity....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I don't think bad data is going to the database - if it were, wouldn't a refresh of the map still show an empty elevation drop-down, rather than resetting it to "ground?"

But I'll try again without any extensions when I get a chance. No more time for today. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message