Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please read carefully, as I did not write "delete the English City Name value." I wrote: "copy in the City name." This is a known issue with Cartouche that the English City Name can only be changed, but not cleared. Once someone puts a value in, it will always have a value. (At least until Waze fixes the issue.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please post a permalink to the location and perhaps another world Waze area manager can take a look at this.

EDIT: Please do not delete road segments unless they actually do not exist, or all attempts at resolving an issue regarding that segment have been exhausted. English City Name is not related to a road segment, it is related to the City in the database.

You appear to be a relatively new user, so if you plan on doing map editing for Waze, please take time to read the Wiki and become intimately acquainted with current standards.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I PMd the AM, so we'll see if that will fix it. If we don't get a response, consider becoming an Area Manager, as that should give you the ability to update this field. There's also quite a number of AMs in the Birmingham area, so if one of them wants to expand their area, they could help out too I suppose.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by vincemarsters
I have made the change but can you (aellis5) please read the recommendations on how to name roads and cities in the wiki - http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/United_Kingdom. To summarise, the road names should be shortened (road to rd, close to cl etc) and the city names should have the county in brackets after the name.

Your efforts in improving the roads are very much appreciated but we do need to try and get a constant naming convention across the whole of the UK or Waze will never be a truly useful navigation application.
vincemarsters
Send a message