Hey guys! a new editor version is upon us with many new exciting features.
First I should clarify that this version will only be available in North America for a bit while we finish setting up some things behind the scenes. This will take some more time (a few weeks) and then it will also be available in the World and Israeli environments.So... whats new?Places
- Landmarks are now renamed to 'Places'
- There can be places of Points / Area types
- Area places can have a defined navigation point that the routing will work with
- Each place can have a defined street / house number
- New categories - each place can have multiple categories, and new more useful categories have been defined.
Closed problems display - both MPs and URs from the last week are displayed.
New much better looking layer panel
Links from live map to the editor now take you to the correct zoom level
Links from the editor to the livemap (header) now lead you to the same location
Elements are automatically selected after you draw them for the first time
New handsome UR / MP / turn icons
We have increased segment width a bit so it is easier to select
And a few more minor bug fixes.
There are some known issues:
- Some places are missing - during the migration from the old to the new system some places did not make it - we are working on restoring them. It is a bit more common in Canada.
- Overlapping places - in a few places there are duplicate or very similar Places on of top of another. It is safe to delete one of them.
Both these issues are quite rare.
Please let us know if you see any additional issues or have any feedback at all. Recommended reading
- the community created Places Wiki - https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places