Post by qwaletee
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
qwaletee wrote:It would be nice if the junction "sonared" (positive feedback) every time something is added to or removed from it. If Waze refused to do so, you'd then know (negative feedback), or it might even give positive feedback in that case (say, a momentary red X).
If you count the flashing of the new segments created when you split an existing segment, then it already does some form of feedback. However, you'd like the junction itself to give visual feedback.
That only helps when you split a segment, such as the case discussed earlier. I'm being more general. For example, if you're just joining an additional road to an existing junction. Or when creating the initial junction by connecting the first two segments at their ends. If you drop just outside the snap, you may mistakenly think you've attached it.

The same UI feedback would also apply in the "split the segment" case you were discussing.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
The spiral doesn't sound so hot. Better to have a unique icon indicating overlapping URs, click to get a list.

And in fact, it would be nice to have a better overall UI management facility, which we've been begging for for decades (in Waze years).
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by rgatland
Agree with previous posters, I like being able to see recently closed URs in my area, but it would be nice for there to be some visual indication (and/or filter option) to differentiate closed versus open URs. It might also be nice to be able to differentiate URs I have personally commented on versus ones I have not.
rgatland
Send a message
[img]https:///pcdMH[/img]

Post by rgatland
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
rgatland wrote:Agree with previous posters, I like being able to see recently closed URs in my area, but it would be nice for there to be some visual indication (and/or filter option) to differentiate closed versus open URs.
Closed URs and MPs are visually differentiated by being green. I brought up the need for a filter in beta, as noted earlier in the thread.
Ugh! I have red/green color blindness and I am having a hard time differentiating them.
rgatland
Send a message

Post by rgatland
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
rgatland wrote:Ugh! I have red/green color blindness and I am having a hard time differentiating them.
Oh, man! I totally forgot about that need to differentiate red/green with an icon like we do with turn arrows. I'll have to put in a note to the devs about this. The previous icon format made this clear. Now, the main icon stays the same. I'm sorry if my note sounded flippant and rude. Didn't intend it that way, but in light of RG colorblindness, it seems insensitive.
No worries Alan! I have this same issue with my online channel development folks at work. I am the one that keeps reminding them of issues that color blind folks have with color indication on webpages. When rating projects with Red-Yellow-Green, they learned to put a letter in the icon so I could differentiate.
rgatland
Send a message

Post by rgatland
irowiki wrote:
Nagamasa wrote:Did anyone notice that most of the Hotels got converted into Hostels?
Yes!
Whoops!
rgatland
Send a message

Post by shmupi
Well done !

Can't wait for the World and Israeli versions :)

Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by shrike1978
Lots of problems in Chrome on three different systems. I constantly get "405 Not Allowed" errors when saving, and frequently even when selecting or just scrolling and zooming. I'm getting no issues with Internet Explorer or Firefox on the same systems.
shrike1978
Send a message

Post by sketch
No. Do not delete and recreate gas stations.

Sit tight while Places saving is enabled.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. Is it possible to move it incrementally?

It's important not to delete gas stations because of their link to the mysterious third-party service.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!