Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:Whether or not I'm doing it "the right way" (the way the editor agrees with) doesn't matter, I'm doing it the intuitive way.
--
Not sure it's really necessary, but I made a video demonstrating:
It's just as I noted, and the editor has been built this way on purpose for years. If it were to automatically add the first junction, you'd have an inappropriate loop. One alternative, not likely to be coded up internally any time soon, is to have WME automatically split the road you just drew into 2 parts and then automatically junction the first A end.

About the end node/junction not being visible: there was significant outcry with a previous editor version which showed the junction there, making editors think it was connected, when it was not. So it may be hidden now on purpose to make it more clear there is no connection.

Either way, I'm fine the way it works now, though there is room for improvement, but that improvement cannot be making the connection at the A end automatically.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:Even if the connection would be proper, the behavior is the same:
I can see how that would be good to change. Again, this is how the editor has behaved since the beginning. You're snapping the segment end exactly back to where it was before: not connected. However, if you drag the junction away (instead of the segment end) and back without dropping in between, it will create a junction. We always recommend editors drag the junction at the end of a segment rather than the segment end. Perhaps WME could have the feature enabled where if a segment end is "free" then dragging the segment end actually grabs the junction rather than the segment end.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
qwaletee wrote:It would be nice if the junction "sonared" (positive feedback) every time something is added to or removed from it. If Waze refused to do so, you'd then know (negative feedback), or it might even give positive feedback in that case (say, a momentary red X).
If you count the flashing of the new segments created when you split an existing segment, then it already does some form of feedback. However, you'd like the junction itself to give visual feedback.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davielde wrote:
qwaletee wrote:The spiral doesn't sound so hot. Better to have a unique icon indicating overlapping URs, click to get a list.

This is already done to some extent on the LiveMap and app for hazard reporting. Show a bubble with number of reports overlapping at a high zoom level. Just adapt something similar to WME.
The hiding of multiple nearby reports is also already done in WME at high zoom levels only, but just doesn't show you a bubble counter.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davielde wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The hiding of multiple nearby reports is also already done in WME at high zoom levels only, but just doesn't show you a bubble counter.
Exactly. And that is a problem if you are not using URO+, and they are hiding behind a completed UR.
At least Ohad has confirmed this feature request in bugzilla, so it should make it into the next or following editor version. They already added the "layers menu pop on mouseover" instead of requiring a click. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BellHouse wrote:Is this something that has changed recently, or did I just not notice it before?
This changed quite some time ago. I agree that this shouldn't be allowed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Nagamasa wrote:And note the new changes for (college/university) campus parking lots. They used to be mapped... (I don't really like that change though; these are very useful for large campuses).
That's not a change - they were never supposed to be mapped in the first place.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by bart99gt
davielde wrote:It's very difficult to distinguish a segment marked for deletion but which has not yet been saved (pink dashed line) from segments with unknown direction (same color with dots). In the case of most bad base map imports, the unsaved deletion is an unknown direction (see below). Unless you save after every delete, it slows work down when editing an area that still has a number of unknown direction roads. Could they at least have different colors? The pink circle highlighting an affected node after deleting may not be enough.
Just noticed this one myself, the old dark orange/red color, not to mention the broader line/dash was much easier to see.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
irowiki wrote:I can't seem to be able to move landmarks anymore. I have several gas stations that are way off.

I figured out I can convert it to a point to move it, then I get this error:
The highlighted element was moved beyond the allowed distance.
Please check and try again.
I haven't seen that error myself, but I have run into the issue of not being able to move a gas station beyond a certain distance. There is a local one (not sure if Waze reverted to some old data, as I thought it had been in the right place before) that is about two blocks too far to the north and now I can't move it more than about half a block south.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by BellHouse
BUG (also beta): If an alternative street name is rather long, the "X" icon allowing to delete the alternative name is out of the left tab:

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... 0&download

So, in order to delete the alternative name I have to drag highlight the alternative street name, which makes the tab content pan to the right:

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... 2&download

I am using ROW environment, so this is still editor V1.5.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message