The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Remove Crossing roads

Post by racdamico
Hi,

How to remove this junction, or this kind of crossing roads. I've tried a couple os times, but when using geometry, it moves all the roads. When I've tried to remove junction, I got an error.

http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=8 ... =102067587

Thanks
Rodrigo
racdamico

POSTER_ID:1445885

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:You can also select the two segments that you don't want connected to the junction, and click on "Bridge" in the Edit panel.
That's what harling wrote...

It does work, but also fails regularly due to various conditions, some of which are more time consuming to fix than doing the manual disconnect-connect method.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
harling wrote:Actually I didn't say that; since Rodrigo seems to be fairly new, I thought it better to give him the most basic, likely-to-succeed approach.
It's not too early, I've had my coffee, and the lights are on... Dang, I wish I had an excuse for misreading, but I don't. I read 'bridge overpass' in your post and didn't fully catch the context.

Timbones, please accept my apology.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by harling
racdamico wrote:Hi,

How to remove this junction, or this kind of crossing roads. I've tried a couple os times, but when using geometry, it moves all the roads. When I've tried to remove junction, I got an error.

http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=8 ... =102067587
Hi Rodrigo,

When removing a junction, Cartouche tries to figure out which road on one side of the junction corresponds to which road on the other side of the junction, in order to connect them. In the case of a bridge overpass, this often works, but in a case like this it won't because 'R. D. Francisco de Sousa' doesn't have anything else to connect to.

The simplest way to clean this up is to disconnect all but two of the road segments from this junction, then re-connect everything as needed. To disconnect a road segment, select the segment to disconnect, then Ctrl-select the junction, and use the "Disconnect road from node" function.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Timbones wrote:You can also select the two segments that you don't want connected to the junction, and click on "Bridge" in the Edit panel.
That's what harling wrote...

It does work, but also fails regularly due to various conditions, some of which are more time consuming to fix than doing the manual disconnect-connect method.
Actually I didn't say that; since Rodrigo seems to be fairly new, I thought it better to give him the most basic, likely-to-succeed approach.

As you mention, the "Bridge" function often fails. Ditto for the "Switch road between junctions" operation: instead I would instruct a new Cartouche user to disconnect the road from the first junction, then connect it to the other one, in two separate operations.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by jspanos
Click the road that doesn't need to be connected.

Ctrl-Click the junction that is connected to.

In the edit menu select Disconnect Road from Node.

Repeat as needed.
jspanos
Send a message

Post by racdamico
jspanos wrote:Click the road that doesn't need to be connected.

Ctrl-Click the junction that is connected to.

In the edit menu select Disconnect Road from Node.

Repeat as needed.
Thank you all for the answers. This way I think it was the best to edit that street.

thanks

Rodrigo
racdamico
Send a message

Post by Timbones
You can also select the two segments that you don't want connected to the junction, and click on "Bridge" in the Edit panel. This will turn those two segments into one single segment, and you'll then be able to adjust the geometry away from the junction.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries