The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

new road not displayed in search results

Post by piepie51
Dear all,

First of all, I've been seraching in the forum for a while if the problem I report here is already known or discribed in an existing post but I'v not been able to find it... I apology if it's a known issues or if i missed it; ;)

Here's my problem :
I've created in february (1 month ago) some new roads, regading a new house district that I've been built in the town I live in.
This new roads are correctly displayed in the live map, and also in the mobile application map when i drive.
But unfortunatly this new road never appears in serach result, in the live map or in the mobile application map.

here are the new roads in the live map
https://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=20&l ... on=1.93672

And for example for this new road : rue honoré de Balzac, 78370 Plaisir, France
this search always give a result in the next town (Rue Honoré de Balzac, 78340 Les Clayes-sous-Bois, France)

==> Did I miss something in the editing work ? or if not , how long does it take for a new edited road to be displayed in the search results ?

Regards,
piepie51

POSTER_ID:16888385

Send a message

Post by kdevries
For most countries the primary source for search results is Google. However for as far as I know waze is working on a system for search results based on their own database. It is however uncertain when this will be implemented. Could be different for different countries
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by kdevries on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by piepie51
And so, What can i do to have these new roads in the search results ?
Must i only wait for google to reference it in their own database ?
piepie51
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
piepie51 wrote:And so, What can i do to have these new roads in the search results ?
Must i only wait for google to reference it in their own database ?
you can use Google Map Maker to try to make changes (they might need approval to go live). GMM is not supported in every country, but it is available in many.

Another route is to use the REPORT A PROBLEM feature of regular Google maps. This is available everywhere.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues