Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

"Update House Number", how does it work?

Post by kellyjaye
Im not understanding what the Update House Number thing is. you get a left arrow with a 0 and a right arrow with a 0, both of which you can change the number. I assume this has something to do with individual address numbers but dont understand how you use this
kellyjaye

POSTER_ID:1617472

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze has asked us to not add or attempt to edit House numbers until they can fix it, which in actuality will likely not be a fix, but hopefully will be working in the new version of Cartouche due out in the next few months.

House Numbers issues are listed as part of the Known Issues list.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ehagglun wrote:So what should it look like when you update housenumbers?
I mean... are you only suppose to enter one number in the left/right boxes? i.e. Left:17 Right:16 ? Or what is the workflow? ...
Yes, you have it correct. There are many times when there are driveways directly across the street from one another or at least quite close. Enter both numbers in the appropriate left and right box for the direction you are facing in the client, or in Cartouche. It works the same way.

Since the House Numbers layer is really screwed up right now, as it says on the Known Issues page, we recommend not working with house numbers at all for the time being.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ehagglun
Okay, so no updating of housenumbers just yet, good.
But I have a question about that.. it says in the know issues log that "House numbers cannot contain any characters other than numbers" and also that "this feature is currently working as designed"...
So what should it look like when you update housenumbers?
I mean... are you only suppose to enter one number in the left/right boxes? i.e. Left:17 Right:16 ? Or what is the workflow? My initial thought was that you enter the range of housenumbers, i.e. Left: 1-17 Right:2-16 but as I discovered, that was not the case...

Sorry for a potentially stupid question...
ehagglun
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Area Manager : SE-Gothenburg and northern outskirts thereof.
Samsung Galaxy S8 | Telia | Android 8.0.0
https://world.waze.com/images/nav/logo.gif
Facebook/Erik.Hagglund

Post by hallmike
You just enter the individual house numbers to the right and/or left side of the street. Many of the house addresses are incorrect, so this is a way to input the correct numbers manually.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by hallmike
It's supposed to work (when it's working) on the phone as one number at a time, and you need to be where that number is physically located on the road because it uses the GPS of your current location to mark that house number when you report it.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by kellyjaye
Ah, got it! Is there a way to modify or delete one that has been created? I entered one in while trying to figure it out but don't see a delete on the phone or website
kellyjaye
Send a message

Post by mapcat
hallmike wrote:You just enter the individual house numbers to the right and/or left side of the street. Many of the house addresses are incorrect, so this is a way to input the correct numbers manually.
Unfortunately there are some bugs with this. If you point your phone the wrong* direction when entering the numbers, Waze will display them incorrectly on the map (wrong side of the street, or at a weird angle from the actual street direction). This will result in the numbers showing up red on the cartouche, which an area manager will have to fix. Except that for the past month, they can't be fixed. So, I'd hold off on adding any house numbers for the time being.
kellyjaye wrote:Ah, got it! Is there a way to modify or delete one that has been created? I entered one in while trying to figure it out but don't see a delete on the phone or website
If you're an area manager, you can edit or delete house numbers, at least when it's working. Otherwise, no, you'll have to wait for someone else to fix it. PM an area manager to make him or her aware.

*AFAIK there's no way of knowing which direction is right
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by RallyChris
And if it is working... :( same concept in cartouche, except you click the road where you want enter the house number. Then "update address number" in the edit panel. Then an arrow shows up to give your frame of reference for left and right. If you faced in the direction of the arrow, which house numbers are on the right and left of the base of the arrow.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png