The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to update or mark Railway crossing?

Post by rahulmaindargi
Hi can any one help me how should I map "Railway crossing"?
which building type should I select???

Thanks in advance.
Rahul
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:1648627

Send a message

Post by rahulmaindargi
Thanks for reply.
I understand rail road may not be really useful.

but if there is at least a way to mark Rail track and Driving road intersections.. (very common in India),
The can be used as references while driving.

also, the rail road indicates that travel from that road might delay journey by 15 to 30 minutes, if its time for train to pass by...

What I am talking about is a raod segment where a Car drives/crosses Railway track as if passing by node...

sorry for bad English.
Thanks in advance.
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by rlpl
First of all consider whether it is useful to draw any kind of a railway because the railways are not displayed in the mobile client. Please search this forum for more discussions about the railroads.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by rlpl
There is no way to mark the railway crossing in waze, at least not to make it visible outside Cartouche. Also there is no way to mark manually that the trip may be delayed. This can be achieved by the live traffic report and collecting the speed statistics from the driving users to calculate the average speed but this is an automatic activity of waze. You can't do anything more as a human map editor.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.