The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Airplanes in Waze

Post by Phoenix8402
I have come across a couple of pathways that are straight lines but don't make sense. Is it possible that people are using this app in an aircraft? some of the lines are close to Victor airways (I'm a pilot)...
Phoenix8402

POSTER_ID:16900622

Send a message

Post by ctpoole
I had one of these recently where someone had paving on as his plane was on the glide slope into the local airport. I went through and deleted them all and sent a nice message requesting that he not turn on paving in the future, especially since he wasn't supposed to have any of the radios in his cell phone turned on in flight.
ctpoole
Send a message
Area Manager: Austin, Southeast Texas and the Panhandle
https://s.waze.tools/c5.png

Post by Jezbod
I saw this example when going back over my route from York to Cornwall and back:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... layers=908
The East of Bridgewater, Somerset, is covered in straight lines, all connecting points on the loop of the M5 that goes around the town.
Could it be due to a temporary loss of contact to the navigation server and it just connect the last two known locations? Or a poor GPS signal.
Jezbod
Send a message

Post by john-cole
it may very be the loss of connection. seeing they all go to the same point i would rule out the airplanes in this case.
john-cole
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by kwag4
Yes. I've seen this before near me, where a road was recorded straight across the town, and my suspicions were confirmed by the username being something about flying. I sent them a polite message, and haven't had problems since.
kwag4
Send a message
kwag4
Southwest Florida Area Manager
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Please, give thanks and mark as solved if your problem is solved.
Solution to everything: Read the Wiki, if that doesn't solve it, read it again.

Post by ply8808
Phoenix8402 wrote:I have come across a couple of pathways that are straight lines but don't make sense. Is it possible that people are using this app in an aircraft? some of the lines are close to Victor airways (I'm a pilot)...
I am assuming you are referring to GPS tracks, can you provide a permalink of the area in question?
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1

Post by ply8808
My thoughts are a GPS dead zone, you can see the different loss and gain points along the freeway which are connected by the straight line. No fix for the GPS drop signal at this time but technology gets better everyday.
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1