Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map offsets in the editor

Post by MapSir
Hi All,

As you might know there's an ongoing issue with mis-aligned images in the editor that cause our maps to be in an offset compared to the aerial images in some places.

We're glad to say that together with Google we started fixing the offsets and replacing images where it's possible, following the examples that you sent us using the form.

In order for us to continue to identify these places that are mis-aligned and fix them, we keep collecting examples in the form so please send us the problematic areas:

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/fo ... 0/viewform

Note that in some cases the images were aligned with GPS tracks but the roads still don't match and need to be fixed manually.

Thank you for the help!
MapSir

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message
MapSir

Post by tserBK
Not sure if the form on first post is still working. Anyway I just submitted a request to solve a small area with misaligned base map (? or land shape?)

Anyone can take a look and compare with Live Map/App.
https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... emFilter=0
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
SG, MY, VN, CN | Wiki User:TserBK

Post by Timbones
Is this process working?

We're still waiting for London to be corrected... :/
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by roencaco
Hi,

We have to understand than small offset is normal to happen, we are converting a spherical earth to flat one. Even worst, it is not a perfect sphere.

Of course, in some case could be for misalining semengs. But, also for map use while driving, it will not affected, The app will try to lock you to the route, fixing any small offset. (30 mts is normal to be managed for it)

More importan is for editing the map, is quit difficult edit, modify or adding segment if the exiting ones are moved.

Regards,
roencaco
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
images/ranks/MasterRaider_Badge.pngimages/ranks/EditLevel6_Badge.png
Roldan - Kike
Coordinador y Country Manager
Waze Local Champ Mentor - Social Media experts - Traducciones Beta - Master Rider
Wiki Latinamerica
Waze Honduras Facebook

Post by MapSir
Hi Javier,

Did you fill the form with these examples?
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Hi,

The Google team is working on bringing new aerials where it's possible and fixing the offsets of existing places, but we don't have any ETA on when certain areas will be fixed.

Thanks
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Yes the Google team is still working, when they send me more areas that were fixed I will put them in the sheet.
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Hi All,

The Google team has already fixed a certain amount of offset issues.
The fixes that are applied are matching between the aerial imagery and the GPS points up to 10 meters offset, this means the segments might still be misaligned and need a manual fix to move them to the correct place.

I am posting here all the fixed issues, so feel free to request a share to the sheet.

Thanks
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Hi all,

We still don't have any update on the progress from the Google team.
As I understand some places were already fixed, I'll try to get more information
but don't worry we're still on it.

Thanks
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir