WME landmark freezing in ROW server!

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby davielde » Sat May 17, 2014 1:35 am

Fredo-p wrote:What is the ROW environment?

"Rest of World" as opposed to the NA/North American server
davielde

Postby ohad-ron » Wed May 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Hey guys,

This Sunday (18.5) we are expected to start the process of moving the ROW environment to the new Places feature. This means we will start by freezing all additions and changes to landmarks. Trying to save a new or edited landmark will result in an error.

UPDATE - 27.5 - The freeze is over, and the new version is in production. Details here:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=93966

After about two days we'll be able to launch the new system along with the new WME in the beta environment, and after a few more days it will be publicly available. We'll keep you updated.

Thanks for being patience up until now, we are almost there :D

Happy editing!
Waze
ohad-ron
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: WME landmark freezing in ROW server!

Postby gregetz » Wed May 28, 2014 11:51 am

Thank you guys, I love what I see. Besides new landmark classification and categorization, there are new dots, new colors and some new features in editor, well done. Chrome is a bit crashey at the moment - hope it will pass soon. Many thanks again to developers and testers.
gregetz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby foxitrot » Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am

IIRC the two weeks were just someone's estimate, according to NA's progress.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Wed May 28, 2014 7:05 am

Wait, promised two weeks and enabled now? :D
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby DwarfLord » Wed May 28, 2014 1:52 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Residence/Home is correct. Also can be used for rest and retirement homes, etc. This tweet will come out tomorrow from @WazeMapping: "Use "Residence/Home" for large multi-family apartment buildings, retirement homes/facilities. Use House Numbers for single-family dwellings."

Dare I ask THE question -- Point or Area? The wiki still says "Other->Residence/Home: NONE, Not to be mapped."

I'm guessing Point, despite the temptation to use Area. Some recently-developed urban regions have so many back-to-back named apartment complexes that making them all Areas would defeat the purpose of an Area, which is (or at least always used to be) to provide visual contrast for outstanding landmarks so as to help orient drivers.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 pm

khaidoba wrote:I'm looking through the new Places mechanics, but I don't see a category choice for Apartment complexes?
edsonajj wrote:If the place is a named feature such as “The Waze Appartments” you could leave it as a Residence/Home. Else I would delete them.

Residence/Home is correct. Also can be used for rest and retirement homes, etc. This tweet will come out tomorrow from @WazeMapping: "Use "Residence/Home" for large multi-family apartment buildings, retirement homes/facilities. Use House Numbers for single-family dwellings."
vince1612 wrote:Was a bit surprised to see all landmarks/Places in pink as well though :lol:

You've not had much reason to visit it until now, but the Places wiki page has shown the pinkiness for a couple of months now. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:31 pm

I like that you can now show closed automatic reports and URs. The new Places things with point and area works well too! I guess what I like the most is that you can setup the exact spot that Waze should guide people to when driving towards a large place.

Was a bit surprised to see all landmarks/Places in pink as well though :lol:
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby edsonajj » Tue May 27, 2014 6:00 pm

If the place is a named feature such as “The Waze Appartments” you could leave it as a Residence/Home. Else I would delete them.
edsonajj
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby khaidoba » Tue May 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi all!
I'm looking through the new Places mechanics, but I don't see a category choice for Apartment complexes? By default, "Apartments" under the old Landmarks system seems to have been converted into Other: Residence/Home and Construction Site. And according to the wiki, the Residence/Home category should NOT be mapped at all!
So what should be done for such apartment complexes?
khaidoba

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor