The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by BellHouse
I would be bound to say waiting is over NOW (landmarks can be saved again). But don't be surprised about the color! ;)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BrightMatter
Does this landmark lock influence on gas price reporting? I reported gas prices twice today and non of them was saved (there was no error message).
BrightMatter
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]

Post by BrightMatter
The question is, whether prices were updated. In my case the process also went smoothly, but no update was processed.
BrightMatter
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]

Post by DavidAbarca
thetapeworm wrote:
edsonajj wrote:This topic is the notification… sending an e-mail to millions of editors who might or not be interested in the topic can easily be considered SPAM.
I do think that it can be assumed the most involved editors are subscribed to posts on this forum or enter it regularly. And if we follow standard internet courtesy of searching before asking it should be easy to find for those that enter the forum after running into trouble.
I do agree to some extent but putting a notice on the editor itself and removing / disabling the button to add landmarks on a temporary basis would have been much more efficient. Let's face it a notice in the editor is going to be seen by everyone editing, a forum post is only going to be seen by those looking for it after experiencing issues or the truly dedicated (who should be editing and not reading forums :))
I actually think that the forum is too keep people up to date, and to create community which is one of the main reasons why Waze exists
The staffs lurkes a lot here so this is the first and best way to know what's happening
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by davielde
Fredo-p wrote:What is the ROW environment?
"Rest of World" as opposed to the NA/North American server
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by Dev0
Superb.. Looking forward to the feature...
Dev0
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Residence/Home is correct. Also can be used for rest and retirement homes, etc. This tweet will come out tomorrow from @WazeMapping: "Use "Residence/Home" for large multi-family apartment buildings, retirement homes/facilities. Use House Numbers for single-family dwellings."
Dare I ask THE question -- Point or Area? The wiki still says "Other->Residence/Home: NONE, Not to be mapped."

I'm guessing Point, despite the temptation to use Area. Some recently-developed urban regions have so many back-to-back named apartment complexes that making them all Areas would defeat the purpose of an Area, which is (or at least always used to be) to provide visual contrast for outstanding landmarks so as to help orient drivers.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
It has already been stated that the freeze is only for ROW, besides as Alan said previously the US and Canada already had their freeze.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
This topic is the notification… sending an e-mail to millions of editors who might or not be interested in the topic can easily be considered SPAM.
I do think that it can be assumed the most involved editors are subscribed to posts on this forum or enter it regularly. And if we follow standard internet courtesy of searching before asking it should be easy to find for those that enter the forum after running into trouble.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
Per the forum rules please do search before asking. Places have already been explained in the corresponding wiki article.

Currently the main changes are the option of points in addition to areas, the renovated categories and being able to mark a spot where navigation should take a user.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez