The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Post by brandonrossl
Hop on the app, start typing Richmond airport, once you type A I you'll see richmond airport, click on it and bam, auto-suggest fail.

Also search for "richmond airport" and I get the first result is the center pin and the 2nd result is the google pin and there is NOTHING telling me (or any user) which one is directly from Waze.
brandonrossl
Send a message

Post by brandonrossl
Cbenson is getting exactly what I get, and it's driving other users crazy, and away from Waze. Honestly the search results need to be segregated, knowing what you're picking is just as important as getting results at all. Nobody wants to drive 30 minutes in the wrong direction, they'd rather use google maps and get there when Waze fails ahead of time.
brandonrossl
Send a message

Post by brandonrossl
I'm a Waze beta tester, I created a bug report with a link to this thread in it, hopefully they'll take my suggestions to prioritize Waze places, make non-waze entries obvious, and use pin locations vs center of area coordinates for Google places.

Fingers Crossed

For those on the beta, please go vote up BUG-3188
brandonrossl
Send a message

Post by brandonrossl
How do you workaround a google maps entry for an airport....
brandonrossl
Send a message

Post by brandonrossl
Yeah I'd rather waze show a proper preview and make all of this easier. Showing the difference between a waze and google pin would be nice as well. The Waze development ticket was updated to 'in-progress' so hopefully they're watching this thread and making some changes to prevent this.

I'm still not convinced that creating our own database vs using Google Maps with an associated navigation pin was a good choice.
brandonrossl
Send a message

Post by brandonrossl
I can't speak to general public since I use the beta android version. But the beta behavior seems to have changed, so that's good news for the future.
brandonrossl
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Never seen this before. In the client these come up with a star. At least one is shown as a waze ad. What is "Pin Pred Airports"? It appears to me that this data is coming from the advertiser's information in the waze database. Don't know what is going on here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902