The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Arnoniem wrote:I just noticed, that when i add a new place area, and don't set a category before hitting save, wme hangs on it and I can't undo the action. I can select the category, but that doesn't solve the hanging. I have to refresh the entire page.
Yes, pretty much any error with a Place which causes the save to not go through, cannot be undone. The devs are aware of these issues with Places and hopefully are working on fixing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Arnoniem wrote:I just noticed, that when i add a new place area, and don't set a category before hitting save, wme hangs on it and I can't undo the action. I can select the category, but that doesn't solve the hanging. I have to refresh the entire page.
Yes, pretty much any error with a Place which causes the save to not go through, cannot be undone. The devs are aware of these issues with Places and hopefully are working on fixing.
What I have discovered recently is that it appears something (WME or userscript) is duplicating a newly created Area Place. The error which is occuring is that the backend is refusing to create two Area Places with the same name which touch each other.

In many cases of creating a new Area Place, after I reload the window (only option), that the Area is there just fine. Even though just a moment before, the Save counter was at 6 or 7 but WME refused to save.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Arnoniem
Like the new editor. :) Would have loved to see these improvements:

Can you also put the UR conversation toggle button, in the "less" UR pane?

And can you let the close X button, for closing streetview, move down, when you're in an UR view (both "more" and "less" view)?

Thanks,
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by Arnoniem
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:That request has been out there for a while: viewtopic.php?p=650215#p650215
Hmmm okay, good find :). Well, might be good to bring it up again? I'd say: time to implement ;)

And thnx for the workaround tip qwaletee.

send from my SGS4, using Tapatalk
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
I just noticed, that when i add a new place area, and don't set a category before hitting save, wme hangs on it and I can't undo the action. I can select the category, but that doesn't solve the hanging. I have to refresh the entire page.
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
^^^ okay, thanks for the feedback!
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
In WME 1.6 it is possible to see who closed a MP or UR. But, if someone adds a comment to a closed report, the name and date of the user who closed the report is overwritten by the user who issued the last comment. I guess this is not the wanted behavior.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ctpoole
From what I can tell this is how thing work in the app search for places:

A). If you search using the search box on the map page you get auto-complete and only Google results
B) if you don't choose an auto complete but press search you get Google results by default but can choose a different search provider at the bottom with a left-right scroll
C) if you press navigate and enter a search term you get auto complete but it is a mixture of Google and Waze

If you have a Waze defined place that exactly matches the search string you seem to get that place in C but not in A. If you have a place where the name matches the Google name you get the google name in C and not the Waze place name.

I may have some of this wrong but this is what appears to happening. I have been having a constant battle over routing to the Austin-Bergstrom Airport caused by this search behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ctpoole
Send a message
Area Manager: Austin, Southeast Texas and the Panhandle
https://s.waze.tools/c5.png

Post by danianzueto
Thanks a lot for all the hard work you did!
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by DippyDawg32
Forgive my ignorance...still new to WME, but I did make some changes several months ago (probably before the new version) and now I'm wanting to make some changes/additions, when I click on the 'Edit The Map' from 'Live Map' screen, the screen goes blank, a progress circle appears in the middle of the screen (as if it's loading but no motion to it) and sits there. I even tried jumping directly from http://www.waze.com/editor. Is it not availble to everyone?

Thanks
DippyDawg32
Send a message