The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

WME v1.6 released in World + version update in NA / IL

Post by ohad-ron
Hey!

We're glad to finally announce that the v1.6 editor is now also available in the World environment.

Tile updates are expected to be a bit delayed in the next few days, but all editor functions are available and eventually all your edits will reach the tiles and clients of millions of wazers :)

There are many new aspects to this version. The best first step is to read the places wiki at https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places. You can also review the announcement threads for details on what has changes since the last version:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=89731
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=86708

In addition, we are also upgrading the editor in NA / IL environments (this is the same version we just deployed in World). Changes are:
  • You can now hide closed MPs / URs
  • Smaller area places are always above bigger ones, so they are selectable
  • You can now move area places around, again :)
  • Bug fix - venue undo not working when changing lock rank
  • Localisation plural support for ko, ja, ms, zh and ru
  • Bug fix - restrictions edit time pickers in LTR languages
  • Bug fix - Esc now cancels roundabout drawing
  • Place categories are now sorted alphabetically.
As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback!
Happy Editing :D
ohad-ron

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Just a tip for closing streetview. I too often get flummoxed by the tiny X and proximity to layers. Instead, just drag the streetview pointer from the segment it is on to a blank area. It will turn orange, and when you let go, Streetview will close.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by porubcan
thanks for info, I was wondering how permalink from regular user points to beta WME and found that it is not beta...

one question to Places - areas. in Beta WME there is point to move the "landmark" but in prod I can't find it...

EDIT seems to be only temporary glitch, now it is OK.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by petervdveen
Thanks for giving us some time to test this out and create rules for these new features!! :( :( :( :(
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by perezgustavo
Several saving error.. I couldn't find a pattern, it is a random thing.

I have to save every 30 editions, at most, not to lose too much.
perezgustavo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
Guys is the places for area/points can be searched from the client? The search results on the client which is dependant on google maps, the following street name Jalan Sanggul 4, Klang, Malaysia cannot be found.

What I did was to draw a small Area and name it "Jalan Sanggul 4". After the map tiles was updated, I still can't search the street name from the client.

I have also tried earlier using "Point" which also cannot be searched from the client.

Can anyone check it out and advise as at the moment since Malaysia cannot edit using Google Map Maker, I was looking at the alternative way for users to search for street names that cannot be found.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Which app? Weren't the colors broken recently?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Gas station no longer differ from other places... hard to see if there are all marked. Should be made green as earlier.

Users did not follow route Automatic reports still useless because of too short routes displayed and unknown starting and final destinations. I looked through all un my area and 95% were useless.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by noney82
one of the changes i made was a enabled "U" turn to a disabled "U" turn. I tried this on a area nearer to home and it worked perfect.
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by noney82
foxitrot wrote:Some turn restriction arrow changes are not reflected in the corresponding segment's last updater, if that's what you mean. Yes, this is a known issue, for "years" long already.
It only happens in a certain area with a certain editor, so found it very odd like the editor had put a kind of block on it stopping any changes. They have all been lvl 1 lock too.
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message