The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Basemap (land vs ocean) error

Post by Jay91150
https://www.waze.com/livemap?lon=-63.58 ... 81&zoom=14

I have a new area that I manage (permalinked in livemap above) and there are over a dozen URs indicating problems with the roads appearing to be over water. If you turn on satellite view in WME you can see that the livemap is grossly out of date/incorrect. But for the life of me I can't recall how to report this, other than posting here, and my search-fu must be offline today because neither the wiki nor the forums give me any results either.
Jay91150

POSTER_ID:16872708

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
(This post is written on the assumption that this is Canada. Livemap isn't loading for me right now.)

The water layer issues in Canada are a long-standing known issue. It's probably best to find out what the current status is via the Canada forums. The last time the water layer was updated on the NA infrastructure, the US was done, but Canada was left out.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Jay91150
Yes, sorry, it's Canada; Halifax to be precise (coastal/harbor area). Being from the relatively landlocked province of Alberta, I don't get to see many water issues (our rivers and the occasional lake are pretty well defined).

I'll head over there and inquire, thanks.
Jay91150
Send a message