The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Name Length

Post by CBenson
I've been looking through the places guidance and discussions for any guidance for naming places. Currently, the name gets cut off in searches if it doesn't fit on the one line across the screen in my client (using the Android beta version). Thus for the Atlanta airport I get entries for "Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport - International..." and "ATL Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, C..." when in landscape (its much worse in portrait). Do we consider the presentation of these cutoff results a bug that we should report for waze to fix or should we provide guidance that place names should be short?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:1005502

Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I think the results could be longer, but at some point, you do have to cut it off or maybe someone's spam Place with a 1000-character name will take up the whole screen... I don't consider this a map editor thing at this time. Not sure what the length limit is.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ