Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by BellHouse
SiewMeng98 wrote:I am having trouble with these segments which can be edited, but upon completion of editing, the edits cannot be saved. I have consulted some senior editors in my Country and they suspect that there is a bug preventing the saving process.
You could try editing another segment close to the problematic ones and then wait for they next tile update. The edit will force a re-calculation of the tile's segments, and this sometimes (but not always) fixes such issues.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bz2012
A couple of times recently, I have created a response to a UR and, since I had also 'fixed' something in the editor, I hit 'save' instead of 'send'.

'save' used to automatically do a 'send' if there was anything typed to send.

It does NOT seem to be doing that now.

Another 'bug': I saw someplace yesterday that ctrl-W closed the street view. Yesterday that worked.
Was quite nice.
Today it closed the whole WME window!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
The 'zoom out to save when you get a save error' hint is familiar to me.

I remember I used to do that quite often.

I think it is an old 'editing server' quirk, and not necessarily related to the WME update.

Of course, there may have been a 'fix' put in the WME code that has been removed by recent updates.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Is anyone else having trouble with WME this morning?
Even when I turn off all extension, the little 'tab' icon continues spinning, like something is trying to load, The balloon icons for URs (solved/unsolved) are not showing but mouse over the area and URO+ additional info shows they are there.
The 'layers' icon in the upper right corner is not showing (a blank spot is there) but the layers selection box does pop up when I put my mouse over that area.

EDIT: after restarting Chrome, the problem seems to have gone away.
However, I can't get any tampermonkey scripts to run now, even though they are enabled.
EEDDIITT: They started after I reloaded the WME tab.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
An apparent update to WME seems to have broken many extensions.
Validator is showing ALL segments with no inward connectivity.
JNF fails to load with a couple of error messages.

EDIT: even with ALL other extensions disabled, Validator is still highlighting all segments with no inward connectivity.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
kpouer wrote:Yes, the problem existed on the beta editor, and now it seems the new version was pushed to the release editor, and still no update to WME Validator.
"What we have here, is failure to communicate!"
Pushing changes before commonly used extensions are fixed is a major fax pax [sic] and quite sick too. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
kpouer wrote:Yes but it was broken since almost two months, they cannot wait forever as the extensions are not part of their product (but should be).
Agreed. My question would be 'was the problem communicated to the volunteer that wrote and maintains validator, along with a deadline for it to be fixed?(advanced notice of when the beta would be pushed)'
If YES, than WME has no fault in this.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I just posted a report in the toolbox forum because disabling toolbox stopped the strange behavior.

EDIT: with toolbox disabled, I still see the scroll bar, but the 'search' bar does not rearrange itself on my screen like the picture shown in my post in the other forum.

I think that whatever is causing that scroll bar to appear is the primary cause of the problems.
That is causing toolbox to break the screen layout.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I have been intermittently seeing 'save' errors.
They are usually cleared up by
holding down the shift and
hitting the down arrow a couple of times (scrolling out)
hitting save (it usually succeeds)
holding down the shift key and
hitting the up arrow a couple of times (scrolling back in to where I was working).
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
sketch wrote:
Olestas wrote: But it was created like that :D It is not manually edited.
Doesn't matter. WME won't load segments listed in a permalink unless the zoom is closer (I think it's 4, but it's easy to figure out by experimentation). You have to split it up into multiple permalinks.
Interesting: I manually changed the link to zoom=3
11 segments were highlighted and shown as selected.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,178374837
The rest were ignored.
It is not my 'usual server' so I was playing in 'practice mode'.
When I edit the link to a zoom=2 and open it, 20 segments show as selected!
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,178374837

Note that THE change of zoom was the only change I made in the above cases. I did NOT manually trim the rest of the segment numbers out of the URL string. WME is ignoring the rest of them.

When I try zoom=1, nothing shows as selected.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message