Post by bax137
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bax137 wrote:On IE11 when I click on the permalink, I have a 404 error.
As noted, the first thing to do is not use IE and see if the problem also occurs. IE is not officially supported.
Yes, I know that and I understand it, but sometime we have not the choice of the browser (PC locked by the company). No matter, this is not a big problem (and I should not use WME at my work :D ).
bax137
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by bax137
fyi, I am pretty sure that the problem is with "windows.location.origin", here:

Code: Select all

this.ui.permalink.attr("href",window.location.origin+window.location.pathname+"?"+OL.Util.getParameterString(r))
It doesn't exists in IE and has been introduced in FF since 21 version:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=828261
bax137
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
vjekooo wrote:Editor language always reverts back to English upon exiting the editor.
That depends on the URL you use to re-start WME.

This URL always starts an English WME:

https://www.waze.com/editor/ ,

whereas this URL will always start a German WME:

https://www.waze.com/de/editor/

So you have to insert your language code before the "/editor/" part in your bookmark.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
The layer toggle "Highlight segments with no name" (Shift+D) does not work for me any more, although it is still listed in the keyboard shortcuts list.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Olestas wrote:Currently WME does not save anything.
Since WME does not complain when saving, I assume the changes are saved, but the updates are not sent back to WME display. They will come after some time.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Since today I am seeing segments which form a closed loop, which do not seem to have a beginning or an ending (i.e. there are no A and B nodes when selecting it).

Example

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... 9&download

I have not found any way to split these loops, neither by adding in a new segment, or by means of scripts. Either way, I get an error when trying to save. The only way to solve this seems to be to delete the whole thing and re-draw it.

And, no matter how often I click on the shown red arrow (to make it green), it stays red (although the edit counter counts up each time).

EDIT: I know very well how I could split these loops until yesterday. What I am saying is, that all these procedures do not work anymore for these closed loops since today.

EDIT2: Fixed.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by BellHouse on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by BellHouse
I would really appreciate if someone from Waze staff could comment on what is going on with WME. To my knowledge, the current version (which number is it?) was silently introduced around a week ago. It obviously included some API changes, which broke some functionality in quite some extensions.

OK, one might say, extensions are not Waze's concern, and they can do to their API what they want. But, this version also has some wrecked functionality without any scripts (allow/disable all turns), which is quite helpful (or should I say "necessary") if anyone wants to do some serious (i.e. efficient) editing.

As a bottom line, I am not at all amused about WME's recent evolution.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Taco909 wrote:Allow/disable all still works, but disable no longer impacts unconfirmed.
No, I cannot confirm this. Without scripts, my WME does absolutely nothing when I hit Q or W (or the corresponding buttons). And it't not my point that the script authors catch up with anything, but that Waze does some more QA (quality assurance) before and after a release.

Again, my point (here) is not the API change, this is widely discussed in the extension threads. I am complaining about the lack of official communication about the currently very buggy WME production release.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Using Chrome 36 WME now looks good again, too.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
He probably needs to be quicker than 500 km/h to be able to delete it... :twisted:
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message