Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Caradellino
Just wonder about the purpose of ferry roads in the current way...

We have (very few) ferries as a substitude for a bridge and other than railroads or runways a (car) ferry is in navigation aspect driveable, because I can have my route going with the inclusion of the ferry. In fact, the question from the clients POV is, if using the ferry or going around to the next bridge is the better option...

Guess there is some potential in this matter...;)
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
MacVit wrote:Hi guys, in Russia at almost every crossroads u-turn allowed. Now all Russia goes in circles, while it was possible to shorten the route through the u-turn.
Turn u-turns in Russia, plz
Olestas wrote:Not only Russia. Latvia could use U-turns too.
Guys, I think there is a mussunderstanding...u-turns are still there...just not at dead end roads (where we had to dissallow them, as you may remember...easily with toolbox, OyoDams be praised)

So just to finish the war of users wrongly allowing a u-turn in the dead end of a dead end road and the guys fixing that back, WME no longer offers the u-turn-arrow at the dead end of the dead end road. On any regular junction you will still find your u-turn-arrow.

Think your problem is "solved" already ;)
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
Olestas wrote:Sorry, I think you misunderstood...
Sir, I stand corrected :lol:

Thing is that has not been changed with the WME release at hand, hence my missintertpretation of your plight ;)

I join your quest, here in Austria on any street without right of way u-turn is allowed at any junction, on streets with right of way on any junction with a traffic light.

So getting those nice little u-turn arrows having an effect on the client and the routing would be quite appreciated :mrgreen:
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
shmupi wrote:From what I understood from Ohad Ron , all U-turns are allowed at dead end streets now.

They are not shown and they should be all allowed now.

Meantime they will try to fix the routing through dead end streets.

Shmupi
I think it's a bit different, given the information of validator and functionality of toolbox...

OyyoDams removed the display of alowed u-turns in a dead end road, still the functionality to fix it is still given. Validator on the other hand still has the ability to show the problem of an allowed u-turn in a dead end. I just found such (just validator detection) and fixed it with toolbox (for the lack of the turn arrow to be switched) and Validator indicated the detected problem gone.

So if you are right that all dead ends have an allowed u-turn this would show on validator. My guess is that all that u-turns are forbidden but the client allows a u-turn anyway (ignoring the arrow at all or interpreting a red arrow as allowed if it's a dead end).

But it's just a guess taken from my observations...;)
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
shmupi wrote:We might have issues in the future when scripts will cause damage.
I have full confidence in this two tools for they are well maintened and react very quickly to change of situation. The guys behind them do the very best to ensure their tools display/help to fix problems Waze indicated to us (the dead end u-turn is a really good example)
shmupi wrote:I hope to get things clarified in our next meetup with Ohad
This was, is and allways will be an issue...and you could substitute "Ohad" with any other name or even the allmighty Waze itself :mrgreen:
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
shmupi wrote:What I'm afraid that things will get implemented in WME without Ohad's awareness about how those scripts work and what they are affecting. He will keep making changes in the WME without taking in consideration those scripts.
I totally agree, but the problem goes a bit beyond, too...think the tools as a reflection of the way we work, they basically help us do in an automated way, what we would do anyway (to keep at the example, search the green u-turn arrows in dead ends and klick them to red), the tools in general allow us to do that more quickly. But without the tools, we would still do this.

So when changing things he should take into consideration how we work, be it with tools or with plain WME ;)
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
shmupi wrote:Not sure how Ohad intended to allow all U-turns at dead end streets...Shmupi
That's my point...obviously not by setting the u-turn arrows to green, for that would show on validator (like a x-mas tree...). Hence my guess he did something else...whatever it may be.

Thing is, Ohad (and all the others) should tell us, when to change our editing method...the scripts will surely reflect and support that. Good example for that is the additional segmenting for elevation levels to be on the spot...a thing we kept avoiding vor the past years to eliminate unwarrented penalties for the routing...lack of information brought confusion, hope Barcelona will shed the light of the crone ((C) Game of Thrones) to show us the way... :mrgreen:
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by CBenson
PesachZ wrote:Another problem of routing is (as I experienced today) if your route starts on a dead end segments (or cul-de-sac set up as a dead end segment), and the client decides you're facing the wrong way. You will not be able to route anywhere until you coo cube the client you're having the other direction by driving a short distance. This may cause you to turn out the wrong way.
I'm not having this problem yet.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I trust you have. I'm just noting the the results aren't predictable at this point.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
PesachZ wrote:
CBenson wrote:I trust you have. I'm just noting the the results aren't predictable at this point.
Did you start a route specifically while the client thought you were on the dead-end segment, facing into the dead end?
I live on a dead end, so I start many routes on a dead end. I've been getting "Proceed to highlighted route" when facing into the dead end. The route line then starts at the junction with the other streets.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message